Sights 'N Sounds Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Corvette's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

How to Drive a Vette

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 03:00 AM
Default RE: How to Drive a Vette

Yeah, I love watching videos like that, but that's as close as I'll ever get to doing something like that. The ONLY disrespectful thing I do (I don't think it is, but I'm sure some people would say it is) is when I see some OLD lady in front of me, I'll slowly and quietly get beside her, then drop from 5th or 6th down to 2nd or 3rd and PUNCH IT. Makes 'em poop their pants. I think it's hilarious. O well, that's just me though.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

Watch out for those little ol' ladys, My mom is 83, and can still slam-bang the four speed in the "Starship"!
She gave me my first ride, in a new '58 Vette, that gave me the bug!
Pinned me right back in the seat, with a big ol' grin on my face!

Old 12-28-2006, 10:47 AM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

Watch out for those little ol' ladys, My mom is 83, and can still slam-bang the four speed in the "Starship"!
She gave me my first ride, in a new '58 Vette, that gave me the bug!
Pinned me right back in the seat, with a big ol' grin on my face!
I meet an older gentleman at a Corvette show that said his wife will race anybody that pulls up next to her.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:26 AM
Super Moderator

When I was a kid one of my buddy's grandmother had a '72(I think) Trans Am with the HD 455/4 spd., headerswith cut outs and all.She smoked a lot of "Punk A$$" in that thing. most of us anyway. My buddy's father, her son, was GM at the local Pontiac dealership.

Old 12-29-2006, 02:54 AM

I guess you just have to admit men like women with a little racing spirit in them. If its a pretty young woman its hot, and if its an older woman its just pretty damn cool.

Old 01-02-2007, 12:13 AM

Too bad no one has their plate numbers to hand over to the state troopers. It is called "wreckless endangerment of lives" folks.

Old 01-02-2007, 03:59 AM
pg

That was Northern State Pkwy from Nassau county going into Queens on a Saturday Morning at about 95 mph. PG

Old 01-02-2007, 04:50 AM

Man Oh Man.......talk about a flash back from like 10 years ago. I remember doing stupid crap like that during my wild days.In fact I'm embarrased to evenadmit I did stuff like that.I don't thinkI even cared about what would have happen to me at the time.....that's why I did it. I'm just so glad I grew up and realized I stupid it wasbefore hurting anybody. (myself included)
I read as high as 113 mph in the HUD on that video. That's just stupid, no matter how well a person can drive a car.

[QUOTE by Navy Flyboy] When I see some OLD lady in front of me, I'll slowly and quietly get beside her, then drop from 5th or 6th down to 2nd or 3rd and PUNCH IT. Makes 'em poop their pants. I think it's hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? Scaring some poor inocent old lady into messing her pants.......you think that's hilarious? WOW........I'm sorry but that has to be one of the sadest things I've ever readin an onlineforum. I don't even know what else to say.

Old 01-02-2007, 11:40 AM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sp6VQpG8CRE

This is a W-A-Y better video to watch than a couple of dumbasses a little too hopped up on "testoseroni" (that San Francisco treat).

Enjoy.

Old 01-02-2007, 12:24 PM

ORIGINAL: SilverSurfer

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sp6VQpG8CRE

This is a W-A-Y better video to watch than a couple of dumbasses a little too hopped up on "testoseroni" (that San Francisco treat).

Enjoy.
That was a good video, don't think I have ever watched a car race fuel before.

Quick Reply: How to Drive a Vette