Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Banned
Default 13.27

13.27 IN THE QUARTER MILE. 5 PASSES, ALL BETWEEN 13.27 AND 13.7.

[sm=gears.gif]

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 08-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Default RE: 13.27

Good time.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:27 AM
Banned

Thanks. Now I'm trying for 12's. I'll be experimenting with different shift points to see if I can improve.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 08-19-2008, 07:19 AM
pg

Glad to hear that you got a chance to get to the drag strip! You did it the right way and had a good and safe time.
Just heard on the news that over the weekend a few racers got on the highway and had other drivers slow the traffic behind them, that's a trick we used on connecting highway years ago, however the blocked drivers used there cell phones and the copscought and confiscated the races cars. That is too high a price to pay.
Lowes speedway drag strip will open soon, and they may open it up during the week so we can have a safe place to race too. PG.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:33 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: pg

Glad to hear that you got a chance to get to the drag strip! You did it the right way and had a good and safe time.
Just heard on the news that over the weekend a few racers got on the highway and had other drivers slow the traffic behind them, that's a trick we used on connecting highway years ago, however the blocked drivers used there cell phones and the copscought and confiscated the races cars. That is too high a price to pay.
Lowes speedway drag strip will open soon, and they may open it up during the week so we can have a safe place to race too. PG.
I used to race at connecting highway too. We did the same thing - stopped traffic 3 lanes across so we could drag race. We weren't too bright back then (1970's) as you could hear traffic screeching to a halt and the sound of crunching metal behind us. The cops would chase us away,then we would come back and start all over again, then the NYFD would come and hose down the highway so we couldn't get traction.....

Here is a picture of me at Atco Raceway a few weeks ago.

Name:  100_3011.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  97.2 KB

For all you wise guys - That is NOT ME with the white head band!

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]