Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here...

anyone with a C6 Z06 int eh DelMarVa area?

Old 09-10-2006, 12:46 AM
Default anyone with a C6 Z06 int eh DelMarVa area?

Some dumbasses on another forum are doubting that my car is faster than a C6 Z06 and are demanding video proof. Only problem is that I've never even seen a C6 around this area let alone a C6 Z06. Anyone have one that's up for a friendly run that I can get on video?

No money, no **** talking, just looking for a friendly run that I can get on video.

Thanks,
Joel

Old 09-10-2006, 07:37 AM
Default RE: anyone with a C6 Z06 int eh DelMarVa area?

Let us doubt, too. Or not, as the case may be. What is your car and what has it done in the quarter?

Old 09-10-2006, 01:47 PM

I have a 1990 240sx. It hasn't done anything in the quarter mile yet because my rims have been on backorder for a month so I'm stuck running 245 es100s. Unfortunately Summit says the expected arrival isn't until 9/25, but what can you do?

Old 09-10-2006, 03:54 PM

Welcome to the forum MiniMe....What kind of mods do you have done to your car...and has it been dyno'ed, if so how much power where you putting to the ground?

Old 09-10-2006, 07:52 PM

full race manifold
greddy intake
gt35r
built long block
apex-i pfc

that's the gist of it. I'm getting it dyno'd next weekend; I just got it running so I've been busy tuning it this weekend.

Old 09-10-2006, 09:33 PM

Well, no offense, but I tend to agree with the guys on that other forum. I think it will take more than what you have listed to put your car into the very low 11s, which is what it will take to beat a stock C6 ZO6, and more that 245 section tires to put enough power to the ground to out dig it off the line. I doubt you will have any significant weight advantage over the ZO6 (they're light).

What have you beaten? Why not start out running against a stock C5 or C6 -- you might find them more than a handful.

For the record I know of one really mean 240sx. It has a built 402 cubic inch LS6 with 10 lbs of boost and does in the 10s.

Old 09-11-2006, 01:31 AM

is there some unwritten rule I don't know about that says you aren't allowed to own a car faster than a z06?

Since you don't believe me either how about you find me a race so that I can shut all these e-haters up. My car will run 10s on street tires. With slicks it would just be a joke.

Old 09-11-2006, 10:43 AM

no unwritten rule about that. But there are written rules, called physiics, that pretty much dictate what it takes no matter if your car is old, new, stock, or modified. A 240 SX (2.4 liters right?) and about 3100 lbs, with 1990s technology (no direct injection, etc) will take something close to 22 lbs of boost, I would expect, and 550 HP at the flywheel, to match a ZO6 (it will take a bit more power than the vette has because it will probably not have the low end torque of that car, nor the traction with those smaller 245s, to out launch it). From what you describe it does not sound like you have that.

I'd say the same thing, by the way, if you owned a ZO6 rather your 240SX, or be the first to suggest you could beat the stock ZO6 if you had said you car has 28 lbs of boost, etc. This is not personal or car-fanatic specific.

This forum has been remarkably free of adolescent "my car is fast because it is mine" BS. I would appreciate your keeping it this way. You car does sound interesting, just not quite capable of going up against the current stock street champ. People on this forum are truly interested. What dyno figures have you produced? How much boost do you run? Any NOS (that would be a good way to tack on the additional power needed). What is your best e.t. and trap speed so far?

Old 09-11-2006, 12:31 PM

I'll be running 30lbs of boost which should be good for 550 to the wheels. Oh and the car weighs 2700lbs, not 31000.

Old 09-11-2006, 10:05 PM

This is getting a bit tiresome. I'm not not trying to give offense by saying you don't have a good car, but I have learned to spot signs of someone BS-ing this forum, someone who is not worth talking to, and your messages raise a lot of those red flags. I won't go into all of the signs, but one point: In earlier messages you say: ". . . I just got it running . . . " and "it hasn't done anything in the quarter yet", then only a couple of days later you claim its capable of 550 on the dyno and doing 10s on street tires. Maybe it is, but you don't know for sure, and you haven't done it yet . . . .

I think most people would willingly accept you to this forum (they love Corvettes but they like cars, and car nuts, more) and would love to talk about your car, except for the attitude and the apparent BS, which shows a loack of respect for them and their intelligence. I, for one, don't see any reason to talk further.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone with a C6 Z06 int eh DelMarVa area?