Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here...

C5 Got me good

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Default C5 Got me good

I've been reading on your forums for a long time but never really posted. Figured I'd post a story of how a C5 got me good.

It was after work, around 7:20pm, and I'm on my way to pick up my daughter. Riding in my GTO, and minding my own business. I usually pay attention to the headlights behind me but I was solid daydreaming or something since I had no Idea a C5 vette had been behind me. I'm sure he got a chance to read my plates and hear the exhaust on my GTO which in itself hints that this is no normal GTO. None the less I was oblivious to him being behind me on this one lane road.I'm coming up to my turn, and so I move over to a left hand turning lane and slow down getting ready to make my turn, still unaware of the vette. Just then, the roar of a demon exhaust revs next to my passenger windowand scares the living crap out of me, I jumped like someone that never heard a car rev in there life.

I could of kicked myself for being such a candy cane. The vette was just giving a friendly "hello" rev and my daydreaming self was caught unaware. I swear I laughed pretty hard at myself for at least a good two or 3 minutes. My car runs longtube headers, catless mids, and corsa sport catback. I'm use to the sound of exhaust...it just killed me that I got caught off guard by the vette hehe. Maybe a lame story for a first post, but thought I would share. I love vettes, and if I didn't need a backseat I would of gotten a C6 instead of my GTO. Love my GTO though...need to convince the wife to let me have a C6 and a GTO hehe.

Old 04-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Default RE: C5 Got me good

Cool story, thanks for sharing with us!! Those GTO's are right wicked cars, no doubt about it! And yours is warmed over, eh? Makes for a nasty beast! But, yeh, you just cannot beat the glory of a Corvette, that's for durned sure! Post some pictures of your GTO, if you can, I'd love to see it.

And don't be afraid to jump in here, bro, we're all in love with the same cars and are a real friendly group to chat with. [8D]

Old 04-10-2007, 06:32 PM

Thanks....yeah I just got to ride and drive a new 07 vette and it was a very diffrent very nice ride. The handling in stock form is vastly superior to that of the GTO...it's just night and day. Here are some pics of my car and a few vids.

In-car vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20VVdLNgLR8

Outside car and at Drag strip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgasVODbdWw

Old 04-10-2007, 08:01 PM

WICKED!!!

Thanks for sharin' those, bro! I love that color, and your car is right nasty. It sounds awesome, and seems to pull like a scared rabbit! I love it....

Old 04-11-2007, 04:14 AM

The engine looks great.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to CF!
Enjoyed your story.

GTO and a Vette? Go for it!!!

Old 04-11-2007, 08:11 PM

Nice.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:38 AM

WOW, that is one nice GTO you have there...I won't ever get tired of hearing those superchargers whine

Old 04-12-2007, 10:47 AM

Thanks everyone, yeah supercharger whine is an addictive noise.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:14 PM

I wish I had a supercharger whine to listen to. I know this is off topic but what did you mean by demon exaust?

Quick Reply: C5 Got me good