Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here...

One roasted ricer!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Default RE: One roasted ricer!

Wish I could claim a turbo kill, unfortunately it was just a "fart can" kill-still fun though. I've seen a few 12 sec civics here, all have many cubic $ in them and when ya talk to these guys they generally go thru their engines enough that they have a spare on the side. You can make almost anything fast and props to some of those guys-they've got some cool machinery. But the same amount of money in a sbc is very, very hard to beat and the Vette definately offers an excellent platform to start from, and even a mild build small block can offer over 450 hp/tq figures with total reliability these days.

Old 02-13-2006, 05:55 PM
Administrator

there are a few fairly low-buck civics at my home track in the 11s...the beauty of a car with so little weight

Old 02-13-2006, 07:46 PM

I spent years driving these piece of crap 4 bangers until I could finally buy a Vette! I envied Corvette owners!

Even if someone did do the mods on one of these cars their still not a Vette.. They're a fast crappy 4 banger. I won't even waste my time with one of these. I think it's more of an insult to let 'em go and then smile or laugh at them later on.

Old 02-18-2006, 12:11 AM

There is no replacement for displacement!

I pride in american muscle, I can only laugh when I hear a ricer reving up sounding like a weedwacker, trying to grunt through a "fart can"

at the lights in my opinion my catalyc converterless, flowmastered up vette will make them look like school girls in front of their girlfriends.

but a fast car is a fast car, and I have personally gotten exitement from having driven a 13 second civic! a great custom deserves respect.

Old 02-18-2006, 11:31 AM

I think you can have fun with just about any type of car, from a civic to a corvette. Personally I love American V8s, but then I have to admit the Porsche does damn good with only six 600cc cylinders.

Regardless, one thing I really dislike on a forum is people who diss other person' cars because they personally don't like them, or even worse, someone who is convinced his car is the best in the world: I'm not a fan of hopped up Neons, but I'll leave the Neon fanatics a lone as long as they don't rattle my cage. I love 'vettes, but not enough to see their shortcomings, or the qualities others cars may have.

I appreciate your tolerance and the others on this forum: it makes for a nicer community and more interesting discussions about cars.

I think the big wings and mood lights and over-the-top aero kits some of these ricers put on their cars are ridiculous, but they probably look at my paying $2700/each for custom billet forged Fikse wheels to be stupid (you can buy alot of fiberglass tape-on spoilers for that!) - so to each his own.

-------------------------
By the way, if your car should be running cats you really ought to put them back. I run them on my vette even though the dyno says they cost 29 RWHP. As Wilford Brimley would say, "It's the right thing to do." (Now I'm going to go eat my outmeal for breakfast).

Old 02-18-2006, 05:00 PM

Yup all cars have their distinct advantages and short comings.

hats of to those guys who design these cars in the first place!

one good coment towards the honda is the sheer reliability. My mother had an accord that went through 3 children learning to drive and been driven hard by teenagers, and never had a single problem, sure tires and mufflers but nothing other than routine wear and tear! I wish I could say the same for my S10.

Seems to me like The corvette / camaro is a rugged car built to take abuse?

ha everyone loves to brag about their pride and joy, and rightly so. I dont mean to diss others but rather point out the true joy of owning one GM's flagship car.

If a person likes strapping a bookshelf to their trunk, great, if you think this is funny or would like to see examples of strange auto's check out ricecop.com I think if you like cars youll find somethign entertaining.

I agree this sure seems to be nice community, best of all is the advice that gets passed around from owner to owner!

Cheers

Old 02-22-2006, 10:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

By the way, if your car should be running cats you really ought to put them back. I run them on my vette even though the dyno says they cost 29 RWHP. As Wilford Brimley would say, "It's the right thing to do." (Now I'm going to go eat my outmeal for breakfast).
Hey Lee I was just curious as to why you kept the cats on your car? I have been trying to decide if I want to go catless or not when I do eventually purchase the LG Longtubes.

Old 03-07-2006, 04:48 PM

some times they just need to be taught a lesson, and need to quit watchin 2 fast movies, I don't think they will ever learn.

Callaway Supernatural Conversion

[IMG]local://upfiles/1475/E915EDB39D2845D9B2F9267B0BAC5EE7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1475/37D233A86DAE44D1B3D60DB20C5F1541.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1475/F9A9609B074349C398319C8F05CEACEB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-08-2006, 12:10 AM

that engine looks amazing[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 03-21-2006, 08:54 AM

Hi, new to the forum.

Anyway, I can add a different side to this arguement:

I have owned/own both a C5 and a 2nd gen MR2, and absolutely love both cars. The C5 is a blast due to the low end grunt, whereas the MR2 absolutely screams at high RPM. Actually, the MR2 is faster than my C5. (12.0 @ 115.8)

Anyway, the 2nd gen MR2 Turbo's are quickly becoming faster and faster. With the evolution of the standalone EMS systems for these cars, the sky is the limit.

Here's some info on my weekend ride:

The video is neat, but it's 36 megs.
http://sccola.org/mr2/MR2.wmv

Quick Reply: One roasted ricer!