Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here...

Raced a '06 Porsche 911 S Convertible and a '05 Viper on the Garden State Parkway and WON!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 11:57 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Raced a '06 Porsche 911 S Convertible and a '05 Viper on the Garden State Parkway and WON!

".Now I know why guys don't like to come and post on this forum. DAMN!!! "

They don't? Look around.
I'm with Lee and Chargedvette02.
Sounds like a real stretch to me.
I'm not sayin' it didn't happen, but TWO of the hotest rides on the road, at the same time, and beat them both? Hmmmm, sounds suspect to me.
Sometimes people don't want to push the edge, especially on the public roads.
Heck, I'd let a VW take me down if I didn't feel it was safe to continue.
Well, we'll never know, 'cause we were'nt there. So it's up to us to take it or leave it. I, leave it.

BTW, most of us here on CF, are against street racin'. It's a potentially deadly game,against the innocent. [&o]Ya can put a gun to your own head and I don't care. Take out one of mine, and I'm commin' for ya. [:@]
( ....and I will get ya, bet on it! )

Old 09-01-2007, 06:47 AM
Default RE: Raced a '06 Porsche 911 S Convertible and a '05 Viper on the Garden State Parkway and WON!

Ok, Lee you know all. Don't Dodge Vipers have a ****load of torque and are alot harder for the normal person to drive? Don't you think maybe he spun or the driver couldn't handle the car? I'm not disagreeing with you the viper should of walked him, but under normal circumstances if it had a novie driverI can see if he beat him.

I have taken a look at a lot of the posts you have made in here. I'm not taking anything away from you, youdo know about cars, but damn you surely know how to hijack threads too.

Btw why do then some many guys from here bitchabout ths forum?

Is street racing wrong? Yes, but I have done it. This thread was made for people that have raced, track or street. So don't come in here and blast people for it when the part of the forum is madefor it.

Old 09-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

"Street Racin", being any off track racin', there is a big dif between racing in traffic, and pickin' out a desolate, empty stretch of road, for a race. Ya, I've "Street Raced" too, but it was always out of town and no spectaters. Car to car, and man to man. I try to play it as safe as possible. That is the whole point I'm trying to put across. I point the gun atmy own head, not yours, you do the same, please.
If you still feel "blasted", then that's up to you. I meant no offence, unless ya feel ya had it commin'. It's up to you, be offended or don't.

(...and that's all I got ta say 'bout that. )

Old 09-01-2007, 08:47 PM

ORIGINAL: scramblerman

Ok, Lee you know all. Don't Dodge Vipers have a ****load of torque and are alot harder for the normal person to drive? Don't you think maybe he spun or the driver couldn't handle the car? I'm not disagreeing with you the viper should of walked him, but under normal circumstances if it had a novie driver I can see if he beat him.

I have taken a look at a lot of the posts you have made in here. I'm not taking anything away from you, you do know about cars, but damn you surely know how to hijack threads too.

Btw why do then some many guys from here bitch about ths forum?

Is street racing wrong? Yes, but I have done it. This thread was made for people that have raced, track or street. So don't come in here and blast people for it when the part of the forum is made for it.

He's talking about bs races like the one the op started in this thread. How fast did he say he got up to on a normally very croweded highway? 160- 170ish, come on. I could bs like that to. I saw an enzo ferrari driving down the street a few weeks ago. We got into a race and went up to 195 mph and I finally pulled away from him in the top of 5th gear. BTW I really did see an Enzo and passed him on the street, guess what....... He paid no attention to me or my $50k chump change of a car. If you don't have temp tags on the car you should know how to drive it to some extent. Again, this orignal race was a rolling race, it wasnt from a dig. Very hard to screw up racing from a roll IE: spinnig the tires etc... Can it happen, yes, is it very likely, no. I just looked and the orignal race started from 70mph..... 70mph and your talking about driver error and spinning tires come on.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

Ya "charged", he had Hooker and Isky stickers under the hood, and a 68 tooth speedo gear.

Killed an Enzo eh? 195 at the top of fifth? Why, is 3rd gear missing? [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 09-01-2007, 10:42 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

Ya "charged", he had Hooker and Isky stickers under the hood, and a 68 tooth speedo gear.

Killed an Enzo eh? 195 at the top of fifth? Why, is 3rd gear missing? [sm=icon_rofl.gif]
3rd gear was at 170mph lol i just decided to skip 4th so the enzo would have a chance.

Old 09-02-2007, 12:52 AM
cwb

ORIGINAL: CoolestCorvette873

I have about a car on him till we hit about 165-170 mph,wide open, clear roadsand now I have about a car and a half,he lets
[sm=bs.gif]

I call bologna on this tall tale. The flag is raised!

Old 09-02-2007, 01:21 AM

ORIGINAL: cwb

I have about a car on him till we hit about 165-170 mph, wide open, clear roads and now I have about a car and a half, he lets
[sm=bs.gif]

+1 on the raised flag!!!!

Old 09-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: chargedvette02

ORIGINAL: cwb

I have about a car on him till we hit about 165-170 mph,wide open, clear roadsand now I have about a car and a half,he lets
[sm=bs.gif]

+1 on the raised flag!!!!
Uh,......I believe that I already voted. That's, as I count it, at least 4 in all.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Default WOWSER!

At 75-85 mph in heavy traffick it scares the heck out of me running three or four wide around here on the interstates because of the condition of the road and just the cars and trucks moving around inside the lane that each vehicle is trying to stay in...
I dont think you could run above 150mph very long on the interstates in Alabama without bouncing off the highway or sustaining some sort of tire/susupension/exhaust damage.
You guys in NJ/NY must have some fine roads.

I got to call bologna...

Bert

Quick Reply: Raced a '06 Porsche 911 S Convertible and a '05 Viper on the Garden State Parkway and WON!