Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

engine noise problem in '08 oem bose system swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Default engine noise problem in '08 oem bose system swap

Hi Everybody:
I have a new '08 convertible. I wanted a base model with NPP and manuel trans, but wanted bose system. Bought Bose head unit, amp, speakers on ebay correct for my car. Bought connectors from chevy dealer and wiring diagram online from ARS. I used to own a car audio dealership, so I know my way around installs, and engine noise issues. Dont want to upgrade to aftermarket. After installing the system, and re-pinning the factory plugs I have engine noise. It is present when stereo is on, also when you start the car until the DIC finishes its dance, or any time you push a button to get info from the DIC. The noise seems to be only in the driver 4" midrange, the speaker the chime uses. I am wondering if adjusting the door chime inside the amp might fix the problem. I ran a new wire to the "chime" speaker, but that made no difference. All connections are soldered. Does any one have experience with engine noise in going from a 1sa to a 1sb upgrade? Also, does anyone have access or know where I can buy new pins for the 24 pin connector that goes into the bose amp? Chevy says they are not available.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:08 AM
Banned

I do not have the answer and seeing as how this place is so dead I would recommend that you visit ********.com, at least there you have a chance of encountering some intelligent life and getting an informative response. We have a lot of good and knowledgeable people there who will take interest in your problem.

Good luck!

Lee