Car Care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

Do any of you wash your own cars?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 12:03 PM
Default Do any of you wash your own cars?

This forum is dead!

Old 01-17-2006, 04:18 PM
Default RE: Do any of you wash your own cars?

No, not really, just asleep. Occasionally I hear it snoring.

Old 01-17-2006, 05:16 PM

:lol:

Old 01-18-2006, 01:19 AM

I don't let anybody else wash my car, with the exception of my uncle who helps me get ready for car shows, and who is the reason I am so into cars...

...this forum has been sleeping for a while and should be waking up soon.

Old 02-07-2006, 12:46 AM

I dont let anyone wash or do any repairs to mine !!! I do it all myself.

I dont even let my wife drive my vette

well she drove it 3 times in the 7 years married , And only when ive been sitting pass side ..

Old 02-13-2006, 12:13 AM

I wash all my cars myself. Doesn't mean I won't run them through a "laser wash' once in a while, but I make a point of cleaning them up myself once a month.

One reason is the #@$!!%&^ brake dust on the wheels - nothing except scrubbing will get it off. No car wash I have found will take it off and it costs too much (for me anyway) to have someone detail the car very often.

The other, and the main reason, is that is is good to go over the car meticulously every once in a while. While washing it you really have time to check the tires, wheels, any molding coming off, dings that need to be seen to, etc.

Old 02-17-2006, 01:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

The other, and the main reason, is that is is good to go over the car meticulously every once in a while. While washing it you really have time to check the tires, wheels, any molding coming off, dings that need to be seen to, etc.
That was the one thing I used to hate about washing my Mustang, it was black and it seemed like everytime I washed it I found some new scratch or paint chip. That used to drive me crazy, and is the reason I will probably never own another black car.

Old 02-18-2006, 03:10 PM

Does anyone know anything about the Mr. Clean Carwash. Its supposed to not leave waterspots. Any opinons...
Thanks

Old 02-18-2006, 09:48 PM

I've never used it, but from what I have heard from people is that it works pretty good.

Old 03-15-2006, 11:55 PM

ALWAYS wash and detail my own vehicles and others if they pay me enough LOL. As for Mr. Clean washing system I actually do tend to use it, I always use the filtered (non-streaking/spotting) setting when rinsing the engine compartment...low pressure and really does tend to not leave spots, only downfall is the filters are expensive and they really don't last very long, only 3 washings is my average and at $8 a pop that adds up REALLY quick especially with 3 cars.....although if you have really clean water to begin with the filters supposedly last longer, however I'm using city water that also comes out of my drinking faucet so either I'm gonna die from nasty water or the filters really don't last that long LOL..

Tony B.

Quick Reply: Do any of you wash your own cars?