Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

C3 Mods - any ideas

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 01:35 AM
Default C3 Mods - any ideas

Hey Guys,

I am curious of those who have done mods for this style of corvette. And any of your ideas for mods. I would like to see my options and start planning.
I don't really want to change the body, but I will entertain ideas for additions. Like a special kind of badge, additional lights, changing exhaust location, chrome accents, etc.

I saw a video that turned the ash try into a hidden push start button and I really wanted to do that. But it is not top priority. So I started looking around for other creative things that people do with their C3s that really doesn't change them. And aside from engine mods, I was finding it difficult to locate examples.

The extra lights comment was seeing if anyone put some accent lights in the lower grill or something to that effect. I thought if it were possible, putting HIDs in would be nice for betting night viewing (pure white, not some euro tint color). Also, when I was 16 I saw a yellow corvette for sale just like the one I am looking for now and have always wanted (long story, but after taking 3 days to convince my dad to help me buy it and I would pay him back over the course of the next two years, he agreed. I called the guy, he sold it 1 hour prior.) Anyway, it had a very small flame decals (about an inch long) just around the key holes for the doors. Nothing major, you couldn't even see it unless you were right next to it. I am not sure if I want to do that, but I thought it was neat looking.

I am curious who has done what or have seen. I really don't have any plans for the moment. For the most part, I plan to keep it original. That is why I was asking. But you never know if someone comes up with an idea that just sounds amazing to you.

Thanks.