Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

corvettes and dead leaves

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 07:47 PM
Default RE: corvettes and dead leaves

I'mfrom nothern indiana outside of the South Bend region in the country. It's beautiful this time of the year. Took the car out today for a drive with no destination... The best kind of drives you can have =) Enjoy the beautiful time of the year guys!

Old 11-01-2008, 09:08 AM
Location: Millbrook,Alabama....Slap dab in the middle of God's Country

Heading out this morning to North Alabama, my 17 yr. old daughter wants to drive. A nice slow ride on a two lane out in the country sounds like a pretty good way to spend a saturday, This is about the only way I get to spend time with her anymore She is a senior in High school, but her head is allready at Auburn.....(For all you northern folk, that is the OTHER college down hear abouts )

Sweatness, Love your signiture!

Old 11-01-2008, 03:12 PM

Thanks man! I hope you have fun with your cruise. Thats what my dad and I do as well. We go for a cruise in my vette and take turns driving. It's a great way to enjoy a nice fall weekend. Have a good time!

Old 11-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I've got the dead leaves now.
The 'Starship' is under cover for the winter.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:07 AM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

Well, I've got the dead leaves now.
The 'Starship' is under cover for the winter.

Hey Starship,
Glad your getting some color, sorry you had to put your vette away. Makes me realize how lucky I am to be able to drive year round. Hope your able to do some tinkering with her this winter.
David

Old 11-06-2008, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator

Won't be able to do much tinkering, but I'll be stockpiling some parts for spring.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:56 AM

WELL THE TREES HAVE DROPPED 99.9% OF THEIR LEAVES CAUSING MANY WEEKENDS OF LEAF BLOWING AND BURNING. (AAH THE SMELL OF BURNING LEAVES) tHIS IS PROBABLY THE LAST WEEK OF DECENT WEATHER HERE IN MICHIGAN AND HOPEFULLY WILL LAST LONG ENOUGH FOR MY LAST RIDE THIS WEEKEND. HEY TEX, I'LL BE LOOKING FOR YOU TO TAKE THAT RIDE FOR ME WHEN THE FIRST SNOW FALLS!! GONING TO GIVE HER A FINAL WASH & WAX COVER HER UP, AND RELUCTANTLY ZIP HER UP IN IN HER WINTER PAJAMAS.
HOW DEPRESSING!!!

Old 11-07-2008, 12:26 PM

Hey watwheel, With a vette that nice I wouldn't take any chances with it either.
Spring will be here before you know it.

Have fun on that last ride!

Old 11-07-2008, 01:35 PM

Thanks for the positive outlook flying low. I will take that last ride over to the cider mill to suck down some cider and devour those delicious donuts. Then away she goes..........

Old 11-09-2008, 07:53 AM

ORIGINAL: watwheel

WELL THE TREES HAVE DROPPED 99.9% OF THEIR LEAVES CAUSING MANY WEEKENDS OF LEAF BLOWING AND BURNING. (AAH THE SMELL OF BURNING LEAVES) tHIS IS PROBABLY THE LAST WEEK OF DECENT WEATHER HERE IN MICHIGAN AND HOPEFULLY WILL LAST LONG ENOUGH FOR MY LAST RIDE THIS WEEKEND. HEY TEX, I'LL BE LOOKING FOR YOU TO TAKE THAT RIDE FOR ME WHEN THE FIRST SNOW FALLS!! GONING TO GIVE HER A FINAL WASH & WAX COVER HER UP, AND RELUCTANTLY ZIP HER UP IN IN HER WINTER PAJAMAS.
HOW DEPRESSING!!!
I took my Vette out last weekend, first time in about two months due to working too many hours. Tops off and wearing a T-shirt. Had a cool front here, but still in the 70s and the sun is still keeping us warm and wearing sunglasses. And I'll surely take a ride for you-fast, safe and in the sun.

Quick Reply: corvettes and dead leaves