Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

Need your advice (LOTS) on a 75 Stingray resto/muscle build

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 11:49 PM
Default Need your advice (LOTS) on a 75 Stingray resto/muscle build

Hi fellas. Just bought a 75 Stingray and joined this forum, this is my first post. I know nothing about 'vettes. This car is in decent shape, but needs restoration. I will be going down to the frame and starting from there. This vette is stock. Sorry to offend if you are a classic buff, I will be hacking this car up and doing a muscle vette. If you have any advice or opinions on the following questions, I'd sure be grateful for your imput. i don't make it online much, please don't be offended if I'm not here every day. With Respect, Snuffy.

1) I'd like to lower this car, any advice or mfg. that offer a lowering/sport suspension kit? I know I want some ground effects, perhaps I should not lower and just add the effects? I had considered air suspension, but when I think about the Merlin 509 I'll be dropping in, it doesn't sound like a good idea..

2) I know I want a very aggressive front clip/hood, side skirts/ground effects, and a classy rear end with a low profile tasteful wing/spoiler..definitely don't want to go overboard like that vette a rosa thing.. not my style.. no offense if you own one or enjo there styling. All these companies offering kits seem to have very small poor quality photos on their sites.. most aren't even my year.. any photos or guidance on aftermarket 'glass is much appreciated..I really like the DA-10H from Vanacor but they say it is not for my year..the company said it would work for my 75, but I'd have to mod this, mod that, change my headlights to square headlights instead of my factory round ones (hell no!) etc. etc.

3) I'm going to lose the vaccum headlight setup, I was going to utilize some 12 volt linear actuactors and fab some mounts to go electric, anyone know if there is a kit already out there?

4) Any other info is much appreciated, like I said I know nothing about 'vettes.. I just flew through this site really fast..one fella was saying theres a manual override under the column for the headlights.. I never knew that.. any other little info that is special about this vehicle I'd love to learn.

Thanks so much in advance,
Snuffy

PS Seriously considering the Dakota Digital dash for a grand or so.. my tach went out and I read it's a common issue.. think I'll try one of those DD dashes while I have the whole thing apart..

Old 12-13-2006, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Need your advice (LOTS) on a 75 Stingray resto/muscle build

Hey Snuffy,
Welcome to CF!
You're in the right place for the info you're seeking.
It just so happens that I bought a fantastic suspension system from Ecklers. Full adjust spring responce and ride height on all four corners. It's a mono spring composit, front and rear. It bolts in with no mods needed.
Looks like you're goin' to have quite a brute when ya get done.
Rock on Dude![sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 12-13-2006, 01:13 AM
Default RE: Need your advice (LOTS) on a 75 Stingray resto/muscle build

Here is some info on the headlights.
http://www.vetteweb.com/tech/0408vet...onversion_kit/