Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

She may not be a virgin

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 12:49 AM
Location: Millbrook,Alabama....Slap dab in the middle of God's Country
Default RE: She may not be a virgin

ORIGINAL: Flying Low

ORIGINAL: Wedge

Yeah... but shes yours now... and you love her just the same...
[align=left][/align]
You are right. And I will feel alot better when i fix it the way it should be. (catchin-up on honey do's, maybe this weekend[8D])

Friday update: Off on Friday=work on vette.

Back together with all new hardware, Cruised a couple of hours friday night...life is good.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6342/1A9AAD56F65046078242D135D3BB0FE5.jpg[/IMG]
I think this was my first time to not break at least one boltPatience and a lot penetrating oil payed off.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:37 AM
Default RE: She may not be a virgin

ORIGINAL: Wedge

Yeah... but shes yours now... and you love her just the same...
[align=left][/align]
You are right. And I will feel alot better when i fix it the way it should be. (catchin-up on honey do's, maybe this weekend[8D])

Friday update: Off on Friday=work on vette.

Back together with all new hardware, Cruised a couple of hours friday night...life is good.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6342/1A9AAD56F65046078242D135D3BB0FE5.jpg[/IMG]
I think this was my first time to not break at least one boltPatience and a lot penetrating oil payed off.
Firstly, you have a beautiful 'Vette, no getting away from that, and I love the convert. top, even though the T-top is supposed to be the more popular version...
When it comes to exhaust manifold bolts, in all the years of turning wrenches, I've never had problems w/ them being hard to get out. I've had more findings of manifold bolts in the process of backing out and/or coming loose.But I have seen busted-off manifold bolts that were lazilly left there for the next guy to fix. The reason for the busted ones , unknown to me.
And speaking of convertibles, in another year or two, I'll start getting a car ready for my daughter to have when she turns sixteen and gets her license. She's only nine now (she's my youngest and my oldest is thirty) and I have plenty of time to build her a snazzy sports car. In any event, I'll be getting a two seat convertible to restore for her. When it comes to a "sports car," I immediately think of a convertible; a cool looking two seater w/ the top down and a roll bar, and probably wire wheels. When it comes to "sports cars," what else is there? And if my daughter was anything but a very responsible, smart and caring kid, I wouldn'tEVEN think about having a car ready for her, let alone a sports car.
***LONG LIVE the GREAT AMERICAN SPORTS CAR*** 'VETTE-ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!