Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Corvette C3 Forum (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c3-forum-15/)
-   -   Sign-Up for The "Coast to Coast 'Vette Forums Relay" (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c3-forum-15/sign-up-%22coast-coast-vette-forums-relay%22-8396/)

Texas Jim 12-13-2007 03:54 PM

RE: Sign-Up for The "Coast to Coast 'Vette Forums Relay"

Yes, any shows in the areas at the times the different groups will be traveling through would be perfect. Maybe if we have some good numbers, the shows would have a spot for us to park if we attended. It would depend on researching the shows as to where, when and who's running them. Let's keep an eye out for Car Shows in general for July and August, 2008. It actually may take even (possibly alot) longer to zig across the country. All depends on the numbers.
I'm not familiar with the sponsoring, something I don't know much about. Do you know how to look into that?
Electing a rep for different things "would" keep it fresh, as involvment always sparks interest andparticipation.
Please, if anyone reading these posts knows about the ideas suggested, your input would be greatly appreciated.
watwheel, thanks for the ideas, they're good ones and this is what we need to make this relay worth anything.
I have the running ideas and participants-so-far written down and will keep track as we go along. No ideas left out.

blueshark 12-13-2007 08:10 PM

We can divide it up by 6, 8 or 10(with stops)hour legs to each point from start to finish. that would give members time to meet, great, eat and sleep before they go on or home early the next morning. Maybe each leg could incorporate Interstate and local scenic routs, with local points of interest along the way. There's lots of nice twisty scenic roads around here.

Personally, I'm going totry, good Lord willing, to go as far as I can. At least to Reno. So get ready for company Dave.:D:D:D

C3 Starship 12-13-2007 08:54 PM

The light's on Bro. :)
I'll show ya my playground. ;)

Ric 12-20-2007 03:02 PM

put me down for the coast to coast relay Ohio. 60 miles north of Columbus 80 miles south of Cleavland. ( Lexington Ohio) looking forward to meeting some of the corvette Forums members.
Thanks all Ric W.

Texas Jim 12-21-2007 01:31 PM

Thanks for the get-back. You're "IN" Ric. There's plenty of time to plan and get ready. Please stay current on checking up on the progress we make as time goes on. And any ideas that you have, big or small, please drop them into the "brainstorm" for the relay. Thanks again.

Texas Jim 12-21-2007 07:31 PM

Posted the "Relay Invite" on the other areas (1&2, 4,5 & 6) of the site. If we get big numbers in each leg, this will be one heck of an event, as with big numbers, we can cover more ground inturn driving more scenic routes (ie; Dragon's Tail) and more areas of each state. We need to pull as many 'Vettes out of as many areas as we can.

95C4yourself 01-14-2008 09:10 AM

:)

95C4yourself 01-14-2008 09:17 AM

ORIGINAL: watwheel

Hey guys,
Just brainstorming here:

Maybe talk to the people in marketing at Chevrolet to see if they would have any interest in participating, sponsoring, .........(maybe individual dealerships in the areas we traverse)

Try to combine this with some local shows along the way with our Corvette Forums.Com representative in that area leading the way in each show.....(Maybe the ride of the month winner or as the route is established, have the group in that leg of travel vote on a rep)

As far as keeping it fresh we should just keep soliciting everyone for any ideas, routes or showsin their areas, electing reps, etc..... and develop it as we go allowing members to vote on all the options.

Food for thought anyway

Sorry about previous post, forgot to quote on this, here in Waco,Tx.
We have a local dealership that holds a "Corvette Day" towards the end of the summer, that would be a great day to meet up with everyone, we also have car shows every month during the summer. The corvettes used to rule but lately the dodge's have been showing some force. Sure would be nice to throw them a sneak attack with everyone meeting here. Just an idea.

Texas Jim 01-18-2008 07:27 PM

yourself,
I'm just down the road in Killeen. I haven't met up with anyone as close by as you, but will be on the lookout.When the weather starts to break, I'll get some flyers out on Ft. Hood. Afew GIs I've seen riding have some 'Vettes and some nice muscle cars, old and new. I've only been back here for three months but will get back into things soon.Was here for 21 years prior to leaving for 6 years in 2002. Tony's Auto Tech here in Killeen does 'Vette body work and Tony is an old long time friend of mine. He used to do all of Jim Garvin's drag 'Vettes. (early 60s) I'll ask him who's (still) around, and about anyone new. (A pic of my 'Vette is in the "Where are you" topic) I'll be intouch.

riley 02-22-2008 01:58 PM

I'm interested. I'd like to do a leg (or two, depending on the dates and routes). I live in north-central Indiana right off of US30. I also have a great place for a start/end point.