Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

Wanted: c3 vette stingray!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 03:38 AM
Default Wanted: c3 vette stingray!

wuts up! i'm looking for a c3 stingray. manual transmission highly preferred. must be in running condition. also hoping for a SMALL project so that the car is cheaper. i dont have too much time or money in my hands, i got school. looking to spend $6000 or less. i know its gonna be hard to find but if u have one or know someone who has one, plz let me know.
p.s.:
by small project i mean something like the a/c isnt working or the spedometer needs to be replaced, or the windshield wipers dont work, or all three, etc. you know, small niches like that. thnks alot.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Wanted: c3 vette stingray!

Sorry, the're all gone. [&o]
Just kidding.
For 6g's, you'll have to do more than fix the ac or replace a guage of two.
Google, "corvettes for sale". You'll find some good prospects.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:29 AM

i know, i've tried that several times but the same stuff i already looked at keeps coming up. i found some good ones b4 but the problem is where they are located, i need one either in cali or other close neighboring states like nevada or utah or something like that. and about the price, i know its gonna cost more than 6 grand to get a car that all it needs is a paint job or whatever, but once in a while you will find one or two that need to sell so they price them really low. for example, i found this '77 in south carolina, too far away and will cost over 1000 to ship so my dad said no, but its in pretty good condition and doesnt need too much work on it. check it out: http://www.corvettetrader.com/ads/19...rolina9972.htm
(thats basically wut i mean by small niches)
thnks n e wayz. sorry for writing such a long poem.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:26 PM

da-godfather, that's a decent looking car. The pictures are a year and a half old, though. But it looks real clean. Have you thought about flying out to take a look at her? That would be cheaper than having her shipped and then being disappointed when she got there if more things are wrong than was advertised. If you bought it the drive home sure would be interesting.

Old 08-05-2007, 07:49 PM

ORIGINAL: da_godfather

wuts up! i'm looking for a c3 stingray. manual transmission highly preferred. must be in running condition. also hoping for a SMALL project so that the car is cheaper. i dont have too much time or money in my hands, i got school. looking to spend $6000 or less. i know its gonna be hard to find but if u have one or know someone who has one, plz let me know.
p.s.:
by small project i mean something like the a/c isnt working or the spedometer needs to be replaced, or the windshield wipers dont work, or all three, etc. you know, small niches like that. thnks alot.
What state you in?

Old 08-05-2007, 11:34 PM

i live in southern california. the drive home would be very interesting and exciting! however, i checked mapquest and drive time, w/o stops, is 33 hours. and with gas prices nowadays, also considering that corvettes arent exactly "fuel efficient" it would add up to a lot. i have no problem with driving there and back, it would be like a cross-country adventure! its my dad. he would never go for it. i am underage and i only have my permit, so i need a parent or someone 25 or over w/ a valid california license in order to drive as opposed to going with a friend or one of my older bros. other than that, i would totally go for it. thnks 4 the advice everyone though.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:39 PM

oh, and a couple more things.
1. cyclic hardover: nice vette. same 2 u c3 starship.
2. still, if anyone knows where i can find a fair looking vette for a good price near california and/or neighboring states(nevada, arizona, utah, etc.) i would deeply appreciate it if u told me. thnks again 4 the advice.