Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

" the wave"

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Default RE: " the wave"

I just got back from my first beach trip with my "new" 93 Vette. While I was down there I waved and got waves from a C6 and another C4. Very friendly waves at that.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:34 AM

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

I wave like a madman. I love the comraderie this class of car seems to bring with it, and I like to participate as much as possible.

The other day, a dude in what looked to me to be a '67 droptop all of a sudden-like pulled up behind me. We cruised together for about 10 miles, and when he went off on his own way, he was waving to beat the band. It was a great experience for me.

Up here, about 95% of Corvette owners wave. [8D]
Off topic, I know......but...

TopSpeed, I LOVE your brick quote!

I have it on my chalkboard in my classroom....up in the top-left corner.

Once in a while one of my students will ask about it. It's a hoot!

Old 04-17-2007, 03:17 PM

ORIGINAL: gizwilly

Off topic, I know......but...

TopSpeed, I LOVE your brick quote!

I have it on my chalkboard in my classroom....up in the top-left corner.

Once in a while one of my students will ask about it. It's a hoot!
Thanks, my friend! It's probably my favorite quote of all time. I love that movie, and that opening scene is just a blast to me. [8D]

Great minds think alike, my friend!

Old 04-17-2007, 07:43 PM

What movie and what does the qoute mean?

Old 04-18-2007, 01:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Black86vette

What movie and what does the qoute mean?
Gone In 60 Seconds.

The opening scene, when the guys are about to break into the Porsche dealership, he goes to the back of the Camaro they were driving and pulls out a brick to break the window. His buddy then says... "That's not a tool... that's a brick!"

Old 04-18-2007, 08:09 PM

oooo. Ok. Thanks.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:47 PM

*back on topic hehe*
I'm part of the young generation i guess lol(still 18 years old just got a 96 vette) Where i live there aren't too many Vettes in the area...there are a few but most of them keep them covered up. Maybe it's just my age speaking, but why have the car if you cant enjoy it daily, if you put so many miles on it the engine dies out...it's worth every penny to me to get it rebuilt. Anyway, a week or so after i got the vette i was parked across an intersection with a C5 model pace car edition who lives over by a friend of mine. Can recognize that car from a mile off As the light turns green we both waved as we passed eachother. That made my day so much better. I dont know...but i think the ones who dont wave or dont even acknowledge other corvette owners dont really have a love for the car, it was just something to spend money on. Only been a few vettes that haven't waved to me. So i say keep the wave alive. Makes the world a better place

Old 04-27-2007, 11:16 PM

I just give everybody the finger......

Old 04-28-2007, 12:55 AM

ORIGINAL: LeesVette

I just give everybody the finger......
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]GOD you just made my day![sm=icon_rofl.gif]You make this forum fun to look at

Old 04-28-2007, 01:10 AM

Maybe it is just southern hospitatlity here in SC, but even the C6 guys give the wave around here. I did get the opporunity to give the SC Salute to Mustang driver last weekend as I humiliated him in front of his girlfriend, was quite enjoyable

Quick Reply: " the wave"