Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

All new weather strip kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 08:14 PM
cwb
Default RE: All new weather strip kit

ORIGINAL: Black86vette

zz, Right now I love you and want to hurt you. I needed that info because I have 0 I MEAN ZERO outter seal on the drivers side and the inside ones are eww looking. First, I dont have a rivet gun. Second, that sounds to damn hard. Third....I cannot do that ****, its to freaking complicated and something will break. you and that explanation threw my self esteem down the drain....with a few bottles of drano to.Isn't there a shop that does this crap.Im to poor to pay them at the moment I am trying to save for a laptop, a few interior mods, a rivet gun*new item now* and hoping to escape a hefty repair bill on a intake manifold gasket. Damn life sux sometimes.[:'(]Somebody do it for me! to bad i aint got the car now to even look at though.Is it just me or am I being a whiney little bratt right now?According to "Lee's vette" I am one "funny *** mother ***er".[:-]
Are you makin' progress on your top end there, 86?

Whatever you've not yet done there, dan's, ...preppin' is, like iron said, the most important part. Clean your workin' surfaces. CLEAN! And do a dry fit. It doubles your install time, cause you're actually doin' it twice,but if there's a tough spot, you can stop and work on different ways to approach. Finally, coat the rubber surfaces with armour-all, after final placement. Get enough in to get behind the rubber too - dried out weatherstrippin' is useless. Unless you like doin' it again in 3 years.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:08 AM

ORIGINAL: cwb

Are you makin' progress on your top end there, 86?

Whatever you've not yet done there, dan's, ...preppin' is, like iron said, the most important part. Clean your workin' surfaces. CLEAN! And do a dry fit. It doubles your install time, cause you're actually doin' it twice,but if there's a tough spot, you can stop and work on different ways to approach. Finally, coat the rubber surfaces with armour-all, after final placement. Get enough in to get behind the rubber too - dried out weatherstrippin' is useless. Unless you like doin' it again in 3 years.
NO! It's still in the shop with that guy. I thought I told this place that it was a intake manifold gasket. My car needs help. What can I say. He said EVERYTHING ELSE is in working order! Which it better be. As for the actual "looks" is crap.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:24 PM

I recv'd an email from "pushrodracer" from this forum. He included an installation guide for weather strips. Except the email was empty...

wassup?[]

Anybody know?

David

Old 07-02-2007, 02:06 PM

Probably a attachment that was lost somewhere thru the transaction. It's happened to me. Not often but still it does happen.