Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Bad shops ....

Old 01-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Default Bad shops ....

Took my car to a local auto upholstery shop to get the carpet replaced. The original carpet still looked good but at 20 years old it was dry and hard as a rock. I figure it wouldn't be long before it started ripping and tearing. got a quote, picked my carpet, picked my new padding, and dropped the car off. Went back to pick the car up, and the doors wouldn't close, the rear cargo cover wouldn't come out, the hatch release button on the passengers door wouldn't work, There was carpet glue on the stering wheel and the dash.

The doors were in a serious bind. after leaving the car for another week while they tried to fix it I ended up picking it up and taking it to a different shop. they called me the next day and asked me to come in and look at the car to authorize the repairs. What they found was the original carpet was still in the car and the first shop had just glued new carpet on top of the old. They never replaced or removed any of it. The doors had multiple layers of carpet that it was trying to close on.

The new shop had to replace all the carpet, and now I am fighting with the first shop to get my money back. Be carefull of the shop you deal with.... The car is fine now but it cost me double to get her done right....