Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

BOSE

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 08:01 PM
CB
Default BOSE

Got a '86 convertible with the junk Bose system. Drivers door speaker the only one working. I know each speaker has it's own amp plus the main indash unit. What else and where to look. Hate having to try running wires and getting speakers in the old locations. The dash unit is no big problem for after market. Would like to salvage the old if not a Bose money pit. Thanks CB

Old 10-19-2007, 09:28 PM
cwb
Default RE: BOSE

Welcome into the boards there cwb

Bose is really the best for c4's, sinceearly c4's arereally soundproof challenged. It probably will cost a few $$$ to get the speakers and the amp diagnosed, and back in tune...

If ya' ain't got any other fixes on the list, get the Bose re-done...

Old 10-20-2007, 09:36 AM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 10-20-2007, 12:11 PM
cwb

Yeah, vette's suck too, since ya have problems with 'em.

Life sucks too for some people, causethey get a cherry in their bowl of pits.

Bose is the only speaker I know of that has an internal amp, that takes ambient noise in yer vette, and plays it back in its acoustic inverse, to cancel out the junk noise.

There is no better system. Maybe another brand that takes after Bose, but GM decided to not go that way.

It will NOT sound better.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:34 PM

I like BOSE, if I had the money, I would fix mine, I have some tweeting noise, but other than that no complaints! Just my opinion...

Old 10-21-2007, 11:21 PM

ORIGINAL: cwb

Bose is the only speaker I know of that has an internal amp, that takes ambient noise in yer vette, and plays it back in its acoustic inverse, to cancel out the junk noise.

There is no better system. Maybe another brand that takes after Bose, but GM decided to not go that way.

First off, you have no idea what you are talking about. He has a bose system in his 86, there is no noise cancelation circuity in any of the bose amplifiers. Its not that bright. Hell, they mostly blow up or burn out because of the leaky capacitors on the amp motherboards anyways.

Best advice to the original poster is just to get an aftermarket headunit, and bypass the speaker wiring that goes to your stock bose amps and wire the aftermarket head unit directly to the stock speakers. Im sure someone will replay and say "the stock speakers are 2 ohms".... so what, all headunits now-a-days can support 2 ohm loads which doesnt even take in account for the normal impedience rise from the little bose enclosures behind the stock speakers anyway. Sure, it might not get you a sound quality competition award or anything, but it will sound better than stock crappy bose amplifiers.

so basically :

BOSE = Buy Other Sound Equipment

Old 10-22-2007, 12:25 AM
cwb

They're missin' you at CFwannabe, trelane, just as much as Cap'n Kirk does..

[not]

Old 10-22-2007, 07:07 AM

ORIGINAL: snoopdan

First off, you have no idea what you are talking about. He has a bose system in his 86, there is no noise cancelation circuity in any of the bose amplifiers. Its not that bright. Hell, they mostly blow up or burn out because of the leaky capacitors on the amp motherboards anyways.

Best advice to the original poster is just to get an aftermarket headunit, and bypass the speaker wiring that goes to your stock bose amps and wire the aftermarket head unit directly to the stock speakers. Im sure someone will replay and say "the stock speakers are 2 ohms".... so what, all headunits now-a-days can support 2 ohm loads which doesnt even take in account for the normal impedience rise from the little bose enclosures behind the stock speakers anyway. Sure, it might not get you a sound quality competition award or anything, but it will sound better than stock crappy bose amplifiers.

so basically :

BOSE = Buy Other Sound Equipment

Old 10-22-2007, 07:57 AM
cwb

And with a name like 'angel of death', you ain't bein' missed ANYWHERE on this planet.

You might wanna' google that name there, lees...

(and I am VERY politically challenged)

Old 10-22-2007, 08:56 AM

And with a name like 'angel of death', you ain't bein' missed ANYWHERE on this planet.

You might wanna' google that name there, lees...

(and I am VERY politically challenged)
I know more about that name than you can possibly fathom.......

Quick Reply: BOSE