Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Brushed a curb yesterday; should I get an alignment?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 04:50 PM
Default Brushed a curb yesterday; should I get an alignment?

Hey folks, one of the very best parts of this car when we were shopping was how tight the car is. It tracks dead true, doesn't pull... you can let your hand off the wheel on the highway and she tracks like a star....

So, dumb me, driving exhausted yesterday, I brushed a curb with my back passengers side tire. You can see a small scuff mark going halfway around the tire. The rim is totally fine.

I didn't hit it hard, but obviously I did hit it somewhat.

My question is: should I consider getting her in and check the alignment after this? Or am I being ****?

Old 03-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Default RE: Brushed a curb yesterday; should I get an alignment?

I don't think you're being ****,but it's always good to have it checked by a pro,just to be on the safe side.Is the wheel itself wobbling? Can you actually feel something's wrong as you're driving? Well,I hope you get this matter resolved,anyway.your friend,Joe.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:03 PM

I doubt you need a new alignment. Like said, get it checked out though. Saw your other post too.[&:]

Old 03-20-2007, 02:55 PM

ORIGINAL: JoeVetteman

I don't think you're being ****,but it's always good to have it checked by a pro,just to be on the safe side.Is the wheel itself wobbling? Can you actually feel something's wrong as you're driving? Well,I hope you get this matter resolved,anyway.your friend,Joe.
Thanks Joe, you're a good man, my friend!! No, no wobbles or any sort of wierd feelings on the road at all. She feels as solid as ever. It was a real light brush with the curb, and based on the lack of problems noticed on the road, I am hopeful everything is OK.

I am going to take it in in the next few weeks to get checked, though, just to be sure. This Corvette ain't just a car to us, at all. It's a member of the family. I probably hurt my own ego far worse than what happened to the car.

ORIGINAL: Black86vette

I doubt you need a new alignment. Like said, get it checked out though. Saw your other post too.[&:]
Thanks for taking the time to post, my friend. I think I will indeed get it looked at, just to be certain. Thanks, bro...