Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

??? C.C.M. Codes 93 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Default ??? C.C.M. Codes 93 Vette

I need to find out what these codes are,so I hope will solve my problem with the asr system on my vette.The codes came in sections Section 1: Had code C41 & H41
Section 4: Had ERR. Section 9: H72 I would appreiate any info anybody can give me on this asr system!!!! It's really starting to drive me bunkers!!!

Old 10-24-2008, 11:16 PM
cwb
Default RE: ??? C.C.M. Codes 93 Vette

Mod 9 H72 is comm error between EBTCM (electronic brake and traction control module) and CCM.

Mod 1 C41/H41 is comms error from CCM to ECM.

Mod 4 ERR is ??? (No comms with ECM?)

ABS/ASR system is susceptible to EMI. That radiation emitted from spark plug wires with too much impedance. Check for a good connection on all 16 ends. I had a bunch of stray codes, including Mod 9H72, because of this once. And the motor was running VERY well at the time.

Got multimeter? Got FSM? If no FSM, I suggest that you subscribe to one of the online factory shop databases, for this problem. You might also try to borrow FSM from the local dealer.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:26 AM

Thanks cwb;I'm starting to get a clearer picture on this subject! We guess right on the mod.4 err. comm. As to the mod 9 H72 I wonder if when I got my new tires on my car if the mechanic
hit one of the sensors for the abs/asr system,I have read in other forums were this can cause false singal in the ccm! (securitysystem,ride control system etc.) As to the Spark plug wires
when the service asr light comes on I do have a miss in the engine at 2500 rpm and when I running at constant speed! I forgot to add this problem started right after I got my new tires. Any
more info would greatly appreatted!!! I going to buy a service manual soon, I had a chance to buy one ebay but I blew it. Thanks for for everthing!

Old 10-25-2008, 10:26 AM
cwb

ORIGINAL: billybob93

Thanks cwb;I'm starting to get a clearer picture on this subject! We guess right on the mod.4 err. comm. As to the mod 9 H72 I wonder if when I got my new tires on my car if the mechanic
hit one of the sensors for the abs/asr system,I have read in other forums were this can cause false singal in the ccm! (securitysystem,ride control system etc.) As to the Spark plug wires
when the service asr light comes on I do have a miss in the engine at 2500 rpm and when I running at constant speed! I forgot to add this problem started right after I got my new tires. Any
more info would greatly appreatted!!! I going to buy a service manual soon, I had a chance to buy one ebay but I blew it. Thanks for for everthing!
Next suggestion: don't 'wonder' about stuff too long, get ON IT.

It took me 10+ weeks to go THOROUGHLY through mine, WITHOUT buyin' new parts blindly as I went, taking pics, and documenting everything in a couple of vette forums as I went, showing multimeter testing, cleaning, breakdown and re-assembly, everything. I learned my way around this '94 better than I knew my way around my old '87, which was tight as a drum when I sold it.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:09 PM

That basically what my friend saids!! I already put a part in that I didn,t need. I.m ordering the service manual today,so I can find these sensors to test them! It,s getting colder here in Penna.
and I,m running out of time to work on it. Thanks again!!

Old 10-26-2008, 11:47 PM
cwb

ORIGINAL: billybob93

That basically what my friend saids!! I already put a part in that I didn,t need. I.m ordering the service manual today,so I can find these sensors to test them! It,s getting colder here in Penna.
and I,m running out of time to work on it. Thanks again!!
Yeah - cold sucks, and feedin' these guys is worse:

Reading it will be a major task. Volume 1 AND 2. But it's either learn it, or pay someone to go fishin' for the problems, and take your cash in the process...