Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

C4 structural integrity

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 05:21 AM
Default C4 structural integrity

Obviously I'm new here. I was lucky enough to be allowed to pretty much take my mom's '94 LT1 4L60-E (bleh) Vette when I turned 16 for a few months, but the car hasn't been in the family for a couple years. In order to remedy the situation, I plan on buying an LT4 Vette in a couple weeks. Obviously, C4s aren't known for being the stiffest cars in the world (especially with the targa top off), so my question is, does anyone know of any subframe connectors for C4s? I've check Midamerica, but they don't seem to have anything. I know there are bars that go across or around the targa-opening, but I'd really rather not do that. Or if anyone else has suggestion, I'd be happy to hear them. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-26-2006, 06:42 PM
Default RE: C4 structural integrity

I have no clue about subframe but i know that even though having a roll cage (which you can get from Ecklers) is big and bulky and takes up all of your storage room in the back, those do make a world of difference in stiffness. also there is a T-Bar i think its called from ecklers and i think Midamerica has one too that makes your targa look like a t-top and that helps with body movement. I havent done any of that to mine yet, im about to buy a 383 short block and fix it up so im waitin on the rest of it until im finished. let me know if any of that helped.

Old 03-26-2006, 06:50 PM

I'm not gonna be getting anything even resembling a rollbar in a car unless I run fast enough for it to be required, or I roadrace, and I'm definitely not getting anything that obstructs the targa opening.

Old 03-31-2006, 11:21 PM

bump...