Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Considering getting a vette

Old 01-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Default Considering getting a vette

Im looking at a 1990 vette...Garaged for the past 13 years(past owner has owned it for that long). Its stock with :
Black paint
6 speed manual
red leather sport seats
dual power seats
glass targa
Bose system(needs repair)

It looks like it is in really good condition, The guy wants 7k and i will need to put another 1,000 roughly to drive it(it needs a brake booster/new bose speakers)...Its been sitting there in his garage for 2 years undriven(but started now and again) because it has broken brakes. Is that a good deal? Would i have any problem selling that when im done with it and not losing much money? Give me some opinions guys, Thanx all!!!

Old 01-24-2006, 11:23 AM
Default RE: Considering getting a vette

Assuming there are no problems with it that you don't know about its not a bad deal.

Old 01-24-2006, 04:40 PM

Anyone else?

The kelly blue book for the car is 6.5, but then again i ran the bluebook for the same year car same options but 300,000k and it said it was worth 6,000, and one with 1,000 miles is worth 7,000 k...Obviously KBB doesnt factor those things in... It has red leather in pretty good condition(except a tiny tear in driver bolster), it has 6spd with a 4,000 mile old clutch...new waterpump... new tires..will have new bose speakers and a new brake booster... In working order would it be terribly hard to find a buyer willing to pay 8,000 for it?

Old 01-25-2006, 07:24 PM

bump, please any1 who knows what they r talking about chime in

Old 01-25-2006, 08:00 PM

Sounds to me like you are getting a fantastic deal. that is of course, like Lee said, baring there isn't anything else seriously wrong with it. I bought an 85 for 6k and it had more miles on it so you should be able to get 8k for it with 73k miles on it. I would have it taken to a garage and checked out before I bought it. It sure does have a lot of new stuff on it... Also, I think 90 is a much more improved (better) car than the 85 was.

Clayton

Old 01-25-2006, 08:04 PM

in my opinion, as long as everything is in good WORKING order... then it shouldnt be a bad deal. a lot of the stuff that is in that car is standard except the red leather seats and that probably wasnt a very expensive option. just my personal statement right here, but if you already have a car, i would take whatever money you have and spend it on a c3... it may be an older body, but there is a lot more muscle in those things. plus, you can get side pipes, and it wont cost you 1500 to get a cowl hood. dont buy one that is already restored though, just buy one that is operational for the time being and then get whatever you can for it. i am planning on doing that in about a year or so, i just gotta pay my c4 off then get another loan. c4's are excellent cars and there is nothing wrong with having one, but they arent really anything to brag about. if you had a c5/c6 or a sting ray, then people would really start to notice, but i think my car is in excellent shape and running condition and i dont get many looks from anyone around here because everyone in virginia beach has brand new c6's or very very nice restored sting rays including c1 and c2's. well ive blabbed for long enough. good luck