New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

New guy here and seriously considering ordering....but I need some advice/help

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Default New guy here and seriously considering ordering....but I need some advice/help

Hi everyone, my name is Matt. I sold my nsx a couple of weeks ago and have been struggling with what to buy next. I am currently considering a 2008 jetstream blue 6spd LT3 manual with z51, nav,and thefactory exhaust upgrade. I would also like a two tone black/grey interior. I dont really see the z06 being worth 25k more for only70 more hp (give or take a few) since a few aftermarket parts will get you there for more like 5k. I do auto xa bit andwent to a few events with my nsx. I didnt like theC5 vettes because to me, the nsx was a better car. Thec6 seems tobe far ahead of anything for the price though.....especially since it comes with an autox package.Ihave called 5 different dealers and they are all inexperienced when it comes to the new vettes.....even the big dealerships. Myquestion is, what is the difference in the transmissions in the standard 6speed manual and the z51 6speed manual?The only thing Ive been able to find out from the dealersis that itallows for more precise shifts......surely that isnt the only difference. Another question I have is does the z51package come with larger calipers and rotors or justlarger vented rotors? Ivebeen given differentanswers to that question. If I bought this car now and wanted to sell it for an 09 next october, how big of a loss would I be looking at? What dealership is giving the most off of msrp? Im a used car dealer, so I wouldnt want to pay sales tax or buy a tag. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks very much in advance

Old 10-22-2007, 06:54 PM
Default RE: New guy here and seriously considering ordering....but I need some advice/help

Welcome, to say the nsx was better than a c5 is really reaching though. I'm sure you will get the answers to your questions but I don't know much about the c6s sorry.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:51 AM
Default RE: New guy here and seriously considering ordering....but I need some advice/help

Welcome tot he Corvette Froum!!!

Old 10-23-2007, 03:08 PM

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it today.
Jet Sream Blue LT3 with black interior 6speed manual, nav, Z51, exhaust upgrade, and comp. grey wheels.Now for the wait!

Old 10-24-2007, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats!

Now we want to see some pics.
I bet she looks pretty sweet. [sm=icon_rock.gif]

( ......the wait for what? )

Old 10-25-2007, 09:08 AM

The wait is 5 to 7 weeks. Thatsit takes for it to come in because I had to order it lol. I had to order it because apparently les stanford doesnt stock the jetstream blue with two tone interior.