Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Corvette PKE FOB repair info for 93-96 C4

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 02:33 AM
Default Corvette PKE FOB repair info for 93-96 C4

I can help with Corvette FOB repair, newer units only with PNZ0202T on back. This is a rare opportunity. I am the person that re-designed it for GM.

I do charge a fee for my time, or to do the actual repair/rebuild including re-winding the antenna as I have access to the actual production winding fixture, which I also designed. It is much cheaper than buying a new one! The old units, ABO0202T, are NOT repairable if the ASIC chip is bad.

If interested you may email me. corvette@rfmicrolink.com

B.L.M.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:58 AM

i tried contacting the email, but it seems it no longer exists, does anyone have any experience with the ABO0202T fob ?

I have a 1993 C4 US Corvette and the ABO0202T Fob and it seems it's the Fob that is damaged.

It would only work some times, and then even less and less, and now it's not working at all anymore for quite some months.
i don't really think, that all three antennas would quit working after another in about 3 months.

i tried reprogramming the pke system but the pke light will only blink endlessly when i bring the transmitter in range
i switched the pke system on and off to test if the module is working, and the doors locked when i left the car once, and then it waited for the pke fob. as the fob propably does not work it would not lock the doors when leaving the car again, only once when resetting the pke system and then waiting for the fob to come in range again.
the pke system is ringing the chime when i open the door with the key in ignition.
i checked for error codes (only got 13: Transmitter Not in Range), so it's most obviously the fob in my opinion.

Is this probably related to the ASIC Chip on it or would the chip rather be working 100% or be broken at once ?
i cleaned the gold ball and all contacts with electronic contact spray for noble metal (as it's gold coated) and tested it with an electronic testing device, the contacts are working and there is a current when the ball is shaken, but only for a second or so.
i couldn't make out any hairline cracks.

If i knew this, maybe i could find the problem and fix it as my dad got his doctor's degree and fixed many household and small devices so far.

can i order the chip somewhere ?

i am located in germany and got a US Corvette and would only be able to order a new fob from Eckler's for about 260 USD and this is just too much.

It would be a great help, if anyone could help me in finding the damaged part on the fob.

I can do anything you ask me to, and test current or resistors on the fob.

Last edited by x-ray; 07-04-2012 at 07:04 AM.