Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Corvette Wave

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 06:25 PM
Default RE: Corvette Wave

ORIGINAL: 94blackC4

Haha, yeah, I kinda made that Wave-Tally bit up. I am not quite sure how many people are in that club, but I know that my neighbor was in it about 10 years ago when he had his '75 C3 and he said that there were probably about 50 members. I am assuming that they have definately grown in numbers since then because some of their pictures have over a hundred 'Vettes on random trips to shows. It is absolutely nuts and I cannot wait to join.
That's way cool! Ever been in a car club before? There is no feeling like the one you have while cruisin' in a wicked rod in a pack of other wicked rods!!! The sounds from all the cars, the smell of rubber and gasoline... ahhhh!!!! Good times!!!

ORIGINAL: 94blackC4
Yeah, a lot of people get the vettes just to show off their money. They have no true idea about the history behind them or even what kind of engine powers their car - LOL! I just wish I could go educate the whole Corvette world about the WAVE!!!
I like the way you think, sir! Yeh, I totally agree about all that... like I said in another thread somewhere today.. saw a lady in a blue C5 last night on the way home, waved like a madman.. she looked back at me like I was sportin' 3 heads or somethin'... "Get a life, lady!!!!"

Me and my wife always say, "if you can't enjoy it for what it truly is, then you have no right ownin' it... hand over the keys." Hasn't worked yet, but I'll keep ya posted.

Old 07-27-2006, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator

Hi all, I'm a new vette owner(2weeks) I got my first wave right in front of a chevy dealership from a guy in a brand new vette(c-6?). It was cool. I've ridden bikes alot in the past and bikers always wave, harley or rice burner, doesn't matter. This guy must have been a repeat customer. It's cool to belong to the "Fraternal order of 'vette owners". I love my new car. Just for the record I lucked out getting my new '87 C4 I'm proud of it. you all might get a kick out of this,I traded my a$$hole ex-wifes diamond ring for it....cool huh? Perhaps she really was good for something other than spending money.

Old 07-27-2006, 01:27 PM

ORIGINAL: blueshark

Hi all, I'm a new vette owner(2weeks) I got my first wave right in front of a chevy dealership from a guy in a brand new vette(c-6?). It was cool. I've ridden bikes alot in the past and bikers always wave, harley or rice burner, doesn't matter. This guy must have been a repeat customer. It's cool to belong to the "Fraternal order of 'vette owners". I love my new car. Just for the record I lucked out getting my new '87 C4 I'm proud of it. you all might get a kick out of this,I traded my a$$hole ex-wifes diamond ring for it....cool huh? Perhaps she really was good for something other than spending money.
*thumps on desk* Bwaaahahahah!! Oh, that is just ripe, my friend!! Does she know you did that? Me, I'd send her a photo of me handin' the ring over and gettin' the keys in return. Big smile. The whole ball of yarn.

"Fraternal order of 'vette owners"; I love it! Got a real nice ring to it...

Old 07-27-2006, 05:21 PM

OK, youse guys have created a monster. LOL

Last night, whilst out for a quick cruise, top down of course, we were rollin' through the country roads. We came up to an intersection that has a little corner store on it. I was yackin' up a storm with Mrs. TopSpeed about Lord-knows-what, when in the middle of the convo, she blurts out, "LOOK! There's a 'VETTE!!!"

Well, lo-and-behold, as we go 'round the corner at the intersection, sure enough.. there was a beautiful C2 sittin' there... you could see a fellow walkin' his way in it's general direction... so, Mrs. TopSpeed with much virve and enthusiasm literally started to hop outta the car she was wavin' so fiercely!!!

An' yeppers, the dude with the nice C2 was enthusiastically waving back.

I love this stuff.

Old 07-28-2006, 12:07 AM

I live in a small town and did not know about the corvette wave, Been a biker for many years and have waved at every bike I passed , I am on my second vette now the first being a 75 stingray L 48 car now I have a 86 C4 conv , Now I really don't know what this vettes designation is but I love it so far , nice red , black top , a real eye catcher in a small town ,
So here is a wave to all you people out there .
from Manitoba Canada

Old 07-28-2006, 01:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Crash

I live in a small town and did not know about the corvette wave, Been a biker for many years and have waved at every bike I passed , I am on my second vette now the first being a 75 stingray L 48 car now I have a 86 C4 conv , Now I really don't know what this vettes designation is but I love it so far , nice red , black top , a real eye catcher in a small town ,
So here is a wave to all you people out there .
from Manitoba Canada
Hey, it's a fellow Hoser with a red C4 roadster!! *waves madly at Crash*

Old 02-19-2007, 05:13 PM

You know,I'm glad I found this,because it does aggravate me to wave at some clown in a newer Vette and not get a wave back.It's like they don't even care or are clueless about the tradition that the wave has been for so long with us Vette owners.Most often for me,the C4 driver will wave more than the guy with the C5.Let's not even mention the C6 guy.But,just recently,I'm driving to get my morning cup of coffee before going to work and a guy in a black C6 almost severed his own arm waving at me.I almost soiled myself! That was a first for me.It was actually refreshing.That told me that he was a true Corvette guy.Someone like us who finally was able to reach his dream and really appreciate everything the Vette represents.The way I see it,I'll wave at every Vette I see,new or old.If they ignore me,screw 'em.LONG LIVE THE C4!!!!

Old 02-21-2007, 12:14 AM

Glad I recieved my education after reading this post. I got my vettea little over aweek ago and the last owner regrettably did not inform me about the corvette wave. Luckily I've only come across two C5s so far. One wasn't in range and the other was behind me until I went on a freeway on ramp. I probably could of waved to the guy behind me so he probably thought I was a poser. Any how I'm glad I went through this post and and recieved my Corvette wave certification. I useto have a motorcycleand I loved how fellow riders would wave. I think too many people nowadays are trapped in their own little bubble they are oblivious to others around them. If I see you guys out on the road I'm waving.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: C4Explosives

Glad I recieved my education after reading this post. I got my vettea little over aweek ago and the last owner regrettably did not inform me about the corvette wave. Luckily I've only come across two C5s so far. One wasn't in range and the other was behind me until I went on a freeway on ramp. I probably could of waved to the guy behind me so he probably thought I was a poser. Any how I'm glad I went through this post and and recieved my Corvette wave certification. I useto have a motorcycleand I loved how fellow riders would wave. I think too many people nowadays are trapped in their own little bubble they are oblivious to others around them. If I see you guys out on the road I'm waving.
Great post! Corvette Wave Certification!! *laughs* I love it....

I agree completely about how great the comraderie aspect of the wave truly is. Yep, a lot of folks in newer ones don't do it, but some do... and it is SO cool when they do... the other day on the highway inbound to town, coming the other way was this drop-dead gorgeous C6 droptop. The dude was waving like his butt was on fire, and I of course reciprocated somethin' fierce. That was just TOO much fun.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:42 PM

Im in agreement with all the post. but i do appreciate the few c5s and c6s that do wave. I got my first vette when i was 17 (23 now and on #2). When i bought it (a beige 77 with random gray primer spots all over it) my friends said it looked like a dying dalmation or something. my dad and i did a lot of work to it and in a year it looked great, but when i drove by a new c5 and they waved, it really made me feel like a part of something, especially being so young and my car not looking to great. If those rich bastards want to show off their money, tell them to go buy a hummer or escalade and but some big rims on it, and stay away from our vettes.

Quick Reply: Corvette Wave