Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Found A 1996 LT4 BLACK WITH RED INTERIOR....

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Default Found A 1996 LT4 BLACK WITH RED INTERIOR....

hey guys i have been looking for an lt4 for a little while now and i found one by luck on the freeway a couple days ago. here are the specs.......

vin# 161YY2251T5118316
exterior color: black
interior color: red
trans: manual
mileage: 60,000.... not sure if that's good or not ?
options: duel power seat,am/fm,cd,cassette, and im not really sure about the rest.

the car is pretty straight but there are a few things that i don't like....

#1 there is a rear greenwood spoiler on the trunk....im not sure if i like it or not still a little confused. if i do decide to remove itthe owner said that the spoiler is stalled straight through the bottom. how much would a replacement be ?

#2 there is a carbon fiber kit installed all over the interior. every where but the doors.....basically the whole dash and the center console. i was thinking about removing this but not sure if the adhesive is going to,or has already ruined the original dash. if i take it off how hard will it be to removed all that sticky glue ?

#3 the paint is in good condition but it being black there is so many swirl marks on this car it is making me not like it as much as if it were detailed regularly.....my question here is will a "professional "detailer be able to take car of this or is this car going to need a repaint ?

#4 its going to need tires soon

#5 also the driver side door panel is loose...i tried a quick couple of taps thinking maybe it would snap back into place but no luck there....the own claimed it is common on these cars but im not sure and i need your guys input.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that was the bad now here is the reason why i like it.....

#1 the car was always serviced at a local dealership here in los angeles...i should be able togetall the service records.

#2 the owner claims he has the original window sticker and all of the original paper work to the car.

#3 the car feels really strong. i drove another lt4 a few weeks ago and it felt nothing like this one did.
although it does have the k&n air induction setup as well as a borla exhaust system witch sounds really good. i honestly don't think that just those 2 modifications can make a car feel that much more stronger than the other.

#4 black on red interior / exterior combo...looks so sexy.

so please guys tell me your input with as much info as possible.

thank you.[/align]

Old 07-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Default RE: Found A 1996 LT4 BLACK WITH RED INTERIOR....

sorry i also forgot that the center air vent with the censor is poping up and in curling upward. im not positive but i think that i will need to change the whole dash ????? please conferm.

Old 07-21-2007, 11:53 PM
cwb

From my reply to another c4 prospector...

Weatherstripping all the way around.
Interior door panels.
Watch as the seller pulls the trigger on a COLD motor. Make sure it's cold. Watch the exhaust.
Black = gas. Leaky injectors. Not SO bad.
White = coolant. Much worse.
Blue = oil. Also pretty bad.
Motor running, in neutral or park, apply brake, go to R, feel for Loose U-joints. Do this also from N to D, and feel for snugness in d/train.
If your gonna' pay $8250 +, go to budget parts retailer and get them to plug in their scanner, after motor is well warmed up. Wanna' make sure? Get a compression guage, and check the squeeze on all 8 holes.

LT4 is a pretty hi-strung twister. Check thoroughly. It won't be cheap either, if it's still tight.

Old 07-22-2007, 03:17 PM

what about the door panels ?

Old 07-23-2007, 11:18 AM

mine come loose also

Old 08-07-2007, 12:21 PM

sounds like a deal to me!!!! if your not 100% confident in overlooking the car have a trusted mechanic do it, if the guy wont let you he is hiding somthing