Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Hey, I'm new and need some help

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 08:32 PM
Default Hey, I'm new and need some help

Hey guys! I'm new and I need some help with my car. I have a 1985 Corvette, I just got it as my first car and I had some repair questions. I you guys could answer these it would make my day! OK, here goes.........

1. I need to replace the little "joystick" that you move to control the electro mirror and to do so I have to take that pannel off. That part is simple, BUT I can't find out how to get the cigerette lighter port to come out/off. How does it come off?

2. My car keeps on blowing the same fuse and that is the 15 amp Ctsy/clk fuse. Does anyone elses blow this fuse? If so, did you find out what is blowing it and how did you fix it?

I make VERY little money because I am only 17 and still in school so I am on a buget. A big Buget. So I need for the recomedations to be cost effective if possible. I want to thank everyone in advance for there input and help.

imb1987

Old 10-27-2005, 08:54 PM
Default RE: Hey, I'm new and need some help

Your first problem with the cigarette lighter, I think it just snaps in there. I had my console out last winter and I had a hard time getting it out also, but I think after wiggling it a lot, it finally came out. The second problem of blowing the 15 amp Ctsy/clk fuse. I had the same problem and I stumbled upon the problem when I had the console out and put it back in, I didn't put the cigarette lighter part that glows back in for about a month and the fuse didn't blow, but when I finally put it back in it blew right away, so I threw it out and haven't blown a fuse since. Hope this helps.

Old 10-27-2005, 09:56 PM

Thanks for the help. I tried taking out the cigerette lighter glow plug like you said and it still blew the fuse. It blows it within a minute every time. Do you have anyother sugestions?

Old 10-28-2005, 09:01 AM

If you have a helms manual, it has all the wiring diagrams in it. From what I can remember, the Ctsy/clk fuse runs the inside lights, clock, and mybe some of the exterior lights like under the hood. I would look at a manual and see how they say to go about determining where the short is, but you might need to somehow disconnect each circuit coming off the Ctsy/clk fuse at the fuse box and then reconnect them one at a time to see which one is blows the fuse. Good luck.[]

Mike