Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

How much power do I have

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Default How much power do I have

Ok. Heres my mods, I asked this on another forum a while back but didnt get a response. Plus I have updated a little bit.

Mods: True dual exaust, mat relocation sensor, cut lid, Reinstalled K&N air filter, Deleted air pump, 160 thermostat, Power coupler, Muffler eliminators, ACDelco Rapid fire spark plugs, a good tune up, Upgraded Suspension**doesnt really count** Transmission rebuild, new torque converter, Descreened MAF sensor, Manual fan switch**Just got, love it!!!**.....and ported the plenum and runners....

Soon to be mods......MSD ignition, 24 lb injectors, high performance fuel pump, Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, 52mm throttle body, Im going to go back to a Air foil because I hear it smooths out the incoming air in the 52 mm throttle body so I will give it a shot A set of Mach pullys**dont know if they work but I will try them....and a custom chip burned for all my mods....Ill finish these mods then get it tuned to fit all of them.

What am I pushing now and what will I be pushing once I am done. I might try to get some long tube headers before the tune but it depends. I just got a job so I am saving up. I just wanted to know what to expect or atleast a approximate guestimation. Wish I could afford some heads, roller rockers, and a cam but that will be WAY down the road. Thanks...

Old 03-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Default RE: How much power do I have

[align=left]How many miles on the engine? If over 50k in my book you pissed $$ away. Did you do a percentage loss check? If the engine was in good condition at the start of your mod's, then put it on a dynamometer and quit guessing. That is the only way you will know.[/align]

Old 03-09-2007, 10:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Final Effort

[align=left]How many miles on the engine? If over 50k in my book you pissed $$ away. Did you do a percentage loss check? If the engine was in good condition at the start of your mod's, then put it on a dynamometer and quit guessing. That is the only way you will know.[/align]
Why do you say over 50K he pissed money away? I started modding my LT1 with 76K on it, it now has 102K and still runs strong.

Ill take a GUESS at around 280 RWHP, best bet would just take it to a local dyno and find out the real number

Old 03-09-2007, 03:10 PM

50k ? just starting to break it in!

Old 03-09-2007, 05:17 PM

I got this car last June. 15 days after I got it, a bearing rod broke. So the dealer said he would replace the "block". Now how much that means. I have no idea. I have proably put about 30,000 miles on it. Tranny was just rebuilt so its good. If I do put it on a dyno, then that might tear something up. I mean I am pretty much obligated to do it once I get the tune. I guess if I replaced the pistions, headers, crank, ect with all forged and better parts it would be alot more on the safer side than now......but.....I dunno maybe my motor could take the pressure of the dyno....Any pointers? Oh yea, my car has a 120,000 miles on it and its a 1986.