Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

I'm an idiot

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Default RE: I'm an idiot

Here in Nevada, the DMV knows that folks aren't too bright, so we have just one sticker. And there is only one place to put it. There's a little indented area in the upperright hand corner of the plate.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:02 PM

I think I was jjust in a hurry and stuck the 08 yearon first and went left to right. So now it looks like my tags expirein August (08)of 2010 intead of October (10)of 2008. Those police that I talked to thought it was pretty funny stuff. I had to laugh with them.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:07 PM

Maybe you were unconsciously trying to save a few bucks.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Banned

If you put your stickers on backwards, just drive your car around backwards, it should have a cancelling effect.

As far as our LEO's are concerned, I feel that it takes a very special person to be a good one. There are always one or two in any profession that are questionable, but for the most part they are a special breed. I know that I do not have what it takes to be a LEO. You guys have MY respect!

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 11-06-2007, 09:56 AM

Hey goat roper, that's what the denver pd guys asked me. I told them I was indeed trying to save a few bucks. I know these guys because I work for a Uhaul dealer in a bad part of town and I get trucks stolen off of my lot and have to make reports with the police. They are good guys and they have my support. Who the hell steals a uhaul truck? That's the question I keep asking myself. I guess what they say is true, God takes care of drunks and fools because the fools that steal my trucks never get caught. Someone finds the truck abandoned hundreds of miles away and I have to waste my time arranging for transport back to me

Old 11-06-2007, 07:24 PM

Hey Clayton,
Now days folks will steal anything that isn't tied down, and some things that are. I don't live in a bad part of town, but a worn out 350 trans was taken from the side of my garage. I didn't know what I was going to do with it anyway, but it was a good core. Now I just leave out broken things that I don't want, and they disappear over night. I can remember, when I was a kid in Idaho, that most people never locked their cars. It was an inconvenience to have to unlock your car before you got in. Most farmers left the key in the ignition too, so they wouldn't lose it. Most people didn't lock their houses either, because a friend might want to borrow something, when you were not home. It is a different world now.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

Yup now adays everything is locked and the guns stay loaded. ....What a different world we live in.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:44 AM

The guns stay loaded in my house. That is for sure.

Old 11-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

I had a washer and dryer sitting in my front yard with sale signs on them. A young woman bought the dryer. About a month later, someone stole the washer. Gee, I wonder who got it. No matter, it saved me from havin' to haul it off, and I don't miss the 35 bucks I was askin' for it.

( An unloaded gun, ain't a gun, it's just a piece of pipe.)

Old 11-10-2007, 08:58 AM

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. Amendment II US Constitution. (This does not mean drug dealers and/or felons)

Life member National Rifle Association

Quick Reply: I'm an idiot