Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

I'm an idiot

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: I'm an idiot

ORIGINAL: beauchampgl

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. Amendment II US Constitution. (This does not mean drug dealers and/or felons)

Life member National Rifle Association
My wife and I are both members of the NRA, and North American Hunting Club. We actually got to meet President Heston. I got to shake his hand, and told him I always wanted to meet "Moses". He laughed and said, "Sorry, I didn't bring my "Staff".

Old 11-10-2007, 10:51 AM

Went to a speech he gave when he was campaigning for Rod Grams who was running against Wellstone for US Senate in 2000 I think. Didn't get to meet him in person, though. That was in Minnesota. In Wisconsin we're stuck with that left-wing fruitcake Feingold. Not to mention his fellow traveller Dave Obey. It's tough being a Republican innorthwestern Wis.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:36 AM

Im also leo, and have seen all kinds of crazy sticker placment (we have 1 sticker here as well). Ive seen em all lined up for the life of the plate, in wrong places. diffrent years on every corner, etc. should not be to big of a deal.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:21 PM

That jogs my memory. Years ago I was riding with a State Trooper (it was a slow night for me) and we stopped a car full of little old ladies because the year sticker wasn't on the plate. She insisted the plates were current and the 10-27 confirmed it. The ST asked where the sticker was. She said she put it right where it was supposed to be and reached into the glove compartment and produced the little envelope the sticker came in. There was a picture of a plate and an arrow that said "Put sticker here", which she did, right on the envelope. We had a good laugh over that one.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:26 AM

I just saw another vehicle with the stickers reversed yesterday. I'm not going to worry about it. Man, for a non tech thread, this sure is a long one. I just wanted to see if anyone thought I was going to get nailed for this. lol...

Old 11-14-2007, 10:36 AM

ORIGINAL: beauchampgl

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. Amendment II US Constitution. (This does not mean drug dealers and/or felons)

Life member National Rifle Association
You are wrong about felons. Here in Arkansas, you can petition the state to have your firearms rights restored. http://www.cjpf.org/clemency/ArkansasApp.pdf

I too am an NRA lifetime member.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:54 PM

You're not an idiot,my friend.We all make mistakes at times.I'm sure if you explain your "dilemma" to the DMV they'll give you a hand.You might be in line for a long time,though,LOL!!!!

Old 11-14-2007, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

"You are wrong about felons. Here in Arkansas, you can petition the state to have your firearms rights restored."

That's right Lee, there is a similar program in several states.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

They should give some of them there "firearms rights" back just long enough to commit suicide. "here's the gun and here's one round...make it count!"