Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

I'm kinda back.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator
Default I'm kinda back.

Had total knee replacement surgery 2 weeks ago to day and am kinda back. Been suffering through some pain, but its gonna get better. Will be back ASAP.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:22 PM
Default RE: I'm kinda back.

OUCH!!! Ionly bruised the inside of a kneecap a few months ago and thought the leg got torn off. I can't imagine losing the whole thing. GOOD LUCK !!! and welcome back!!

Old 06-27-2007, 03:48 PM

Welcome back... I had ACL reconstructive surgery a few years ago (which I know is not as serious as replacement). I had a good physical therapist, which helped a lot.

Getting in and outtathe Vette ispretty easy now (fully recovered), but if I had the car back then it might have taken some more patience...

Good luck and get well soon.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

God speed on the recovery there Mech. We miss ya around here. Keep your foot up and drink lots of beer(or Jack Black). Liquids yaknow, good for pain relief and relaxation.

"honey my leg hurts.......Just a minute,...I'll bring you another shot" Better than a needle. Take care! Cheers

Old 06-27-2007, 08:39 PM

Hang in there Big Dog![sm=gears.gif]

Had a bit of surgery on my knee myself, not as big-time as yours though.

If you need a volunteer to "exercise" your Corvette, let me know![sm=icon_rofl.gif]

MEND!!!!

Old 06-28-2007, 05:16 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: blueshark

God speed on the recovery there Mech. We miss ya around here. Keep your foot up and drink lots of beer(or Jack Black). Liquids yaknow, good for pain relief and relaxation.

"honey my leg hurts.......Just a minute,...I'll bring you another shot" Better than a needle. Take care! Cheers
[There's some good advise there for sure......
Good luck and hopes for a speedy recovery... Your vette needs you.../quote]

Old 06-28-2007, 07:08 AM

Glad your back. Get well soon. You definetly have the right attitude. My stepdad has had both knees done - no joy there.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator

I was just goin' to ask, where ya been. Glad everythingis O.K.
Have a speedy recovery!

Old 06-28-2007, 11:14 AM

Sorry to hear that you have had to go through that, I had reconstructive knee surgery several years back and my recovery was hell, but it was a severe problem with me. Hope all goes well, and in the end you will feel great!!!

Old 06-28-2007, 11:31 AM

MECH259, many of us were wondering why there were no responses to the more mature threads being posted here. Good that you posted this thread. WELCOME BACK..........While you are recuperating and the odd time being online, can you answer this question for me. My SES light has been coming on the dash panel of my 87 Vette each time I start the car. The code is "36". I have a somewhat good OBD I code reader which I use to get the "36" readout. There are four responses in the book I have which accompanied this OBD I reader:

(1) Mass Air flow sensor - Burn-off circuit problem
(2) Transmission shift problem (electronically controlled transmissions only)
(3) Direct ignition system (DIS) fault- loss of 24X signalor extra or missing pulses in electronic spark timing (EST) signal
(4) Ignition system fault - loss of High Resolution Pulse signal

Not being mechanically minded, and, further, I realize you don't know my particular 87 Vette, could you venture a guess as to which of the above four may apply to the SES light coming on. My transmission was rebuilt three years ago and runs effortlessly and excellently. I cut out the two screens from the MAF sensor five years ago and the SES light has never come on up until now. The ignition: I have had the sameBosch platinum plugs in it for the past four Summers ( I only run my Vette from May to September up here in Ontario, Canada) and have not cleaned them as I am informed that they are supposedly good for 100,000 miles. I use only Sunoco 94 fuel. Can you hazzard a guess as what could be causing the SES light to come on regularly now? Thanks, AND GET BEETER SOON - THIS FORUM NEEDS YOU !!!!!!!!!

mypetu39

Quick Reply: I'm kinda back.