Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Just bought 1991 ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 03:58 AM
Default Just bought 1991 ZR1

I was in the market for a zr1 or c5 z06... the z06 was still a little spendy in my area... i found a very nice 60k miles ZR1

red with black interior, t tops. very badass...

i went into this custom car dealership, they deal with a lot of high end cars and muscle cars... they wanted $18,900 for it, marked down from $21,000 (this place is known to mark up cars).

I told him i had $15k cash, they said i might be able to finance the rest with them... so i went out to look at it, messed around a little, and the salesman came out and said you buy it now for $15k. you have 10 mins to decide (they were closing in 10mins).

i took it for a little jaunt down the street and back, and said hell yes. hard a hard time convincing the old lady but i got er done.

I was pleasently suprised on how well this thing pulled. i must say its more than i expected.

Ive wanted a corvette all my life, and now i finally have one.

ive listened to George Jones - The One I Loved Back Then (The Corvette Song) about 10 times in a row

Johnny

Old 12-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Just bought 1991 ZR1

Congratulations on your new baby! Are you passing out cigars? Welcome to the forums and BTW, congrats on the sweet deal. 15k for ZR1 is a pretty good deal. [8D]

Old 12-05-2006, 03:08 PM

Just awesome!!!! WOOOOT!! Can ya post any pictures of the new addition to your family?? You will not regret this my friend; The Greatest Sports Car in the World!!!!

Old 12-05-2006, 03:18 PM

Im going to pick it up tonight. I had to take the PO to the credit union... you know that sort of stuff... im suprised they let me test drive it without a salesman. i dont think any of them could fit in it anyways LOL. its hard for me to get in there but im 6'4 250

I wanted to drive it home last night but i guess that was out of the question.

will post pictures tonight or tomarrow, it'll be dark tonight when i pick it up

Old 12-05-2006, 03:25 PM

Thanks my friend! I am dyin' to see her. You are going to love your first drive in it, with it registered to you. These cars are far beyond amazing....

Old 12-05-2006, 03:29 PM

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

Thanks my friend! I am dyin' to see her. You are going to love your first drive in it, with it registered to you. These cars are far beyond amazing....

dude! understatment

I was very excited on the test drive, i was like, holy ****, this car is no joke. they were serious when they built this.

too bad about those pesky c5 z06 and c6 z06. but at least they made it so i can get my zr1 at a decent price

Old 12-05-2006, 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Corvette_Johnny

dude! understatment

I was very excited on the test drive, i was like, holy ****, this car is no joke. they were serious when they built this.

too bad about those pesky c5 z06 and c6 z06. but at least they made it so i can get my zr1 at a decent price
The ZR1 is the real-deal, bro. If you maintain it, from what I can tell, it'll last you a long long time. I can't possibly see you regretting your decision. Sure, the C5 and C6 platforms are amazing cars, but don't let anyone tell you that the C4 isn't a bloody awesome car, too. We've only got the stock L98 in ours, and it's plenty for my old age to enjoy fully and completely....

Welcome to the Corvette family.

Old 12-05-2006, 08:10 PM

dude! understatment

The ZR1 is the real-deal, bro. If you maintain it, from what I can tell, it'll last you a long long time. I can't possibly see you regretting your decision. Sure, the C5 and C6 platforms are amazing cars, but don't let anyone tell you that the C4 isn't a bloody awesome car, too. We've only got the stock L98 in ours, and it's plenty for my old age to enjoy fully and completely....

Welcome to the Corvette family.
Yes the c4s are/were great cars especially for their time. Everyone dogs on c4s but they still handle great, and you can always get some more power

Old 12-06-2006, 03:14 PM

here is a sweet update today.

i came in with the money and the owner said they werent going to honor the deal because be didn't want to lose the money. I told him he can't renig on the deal his salesman made and he said go ahead and get a lawyer.

what a joke...

Old 12-06-2006, 04:52 PM

here is a sweet update today.

i came in with the money and the owner said they werent going to honor the deal because be didn't want to lose the money. I told him he can't renig on the deal his salesman made and he said go ahead and get a lawyer.

what a joke...
WHAT????

Did you guys do up a sales contract? Do you have that???? So, now what, bro?? Jeeeeeez..... what a bummer!

Quick Reply: Just bought 1991 ZR1