Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Just bought 1991 ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Default RE: Just bought 1991 ZR1

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

ORIGINAL: Corvette_Johnny

here is a sweet update today.

i came in with the money and the owner said they werent going to honor the deal because be didn't want to lose the money. I told him he can't renig on the deal his salesman made and he said go ahead and get a lawyer.

what a joke...
WHAT????

Did you guys do up a sales contract? Do you have that???? So, now what, bro?? Jeeeeeez..... what a bummer!
we only had a verbal agreement hence him saying "go ahead and get a lawyer"

the place has a ****load of very cool cars, but they are a joke. they mark up all the cars so much. ive seen the same cars there for over a year. this zr1 has been there for at least that long.

its such a sweet car, i really would've loved it.

i can't afford a c5 z06 especially in this area... they are all overpriced. washington state sucks...

ive going to look at a 2001 SS Camaro later today. Im hoping it has some of the SLP package addons. i might pick it up, they want 17k for it, i talked to him on the phone and they said they could do 15k which is what i have.

im not sure if i really want to spend the money on a LT1/LT4 c4 corvette. i really want a zr1 or z06. i know ya'll love vettes as much or more than me, but will i be happy with the lt1/lt4 corvette?

oh, and i looked at the whiteboard while i was there, they sold 3 cars in the last 6 months

Old 12-06-2006, 09:40 PM

we only had a verbal agreement hence him saying "go ahead and get a lawyer"

the place has a ****load of very cool cars, but they are a joke. they mark up all the cars so much. ive seen the same cars there for over a year. this zr1 has been there for at least that long.
Lame.

ive going to look at a 2001 SS Camaro later today. Im hoping it has some of the SLP package addons. i might pick it up, they want 17k for it, i talked to him on the phone and they said they could do 15k which is what i have.
Yessir, it'll have all the SLP goodies on her, if she is a GENUINE SS. I have seen a LOT of replica's; some of 'em were hard to notice, really, that they were fakes... be careful there.

im not sure if i really want to spend the money on a LT1/LT4 c4 corvette. i really want a zr1 or z06. i know ya'll love vettes as much or more than me, but will i be happy with the lt1/lt4 corvette?
Dude; you'd be thrilled with one of those. I guarantee it. The LT1 in the Vette has a few more ponies than the same mill in the Camaro, from the factory. Plus, it's got the independant suspension and all the other Corvette goodies.... dude, there's no way that this would be a mistake....

oh, and i looked at the whiteboard while i was there, they sold 3 cars in the last 6 months
Uber lame. Don't buy a car from those clowns. If that ZR1 was sitting for a year, I suspect it's got a bit of a history and probably accompanying issues to go along..... did you see a CarFax report on it? I wouldn't be surprised if it has a declaration on it, considering it's been sitting for so long.

Up here, Corvette's only last 2 weeks or less on a lot. Even thrashed ones.

Old 12-06-2006, 09:58 PM

well there are a ton of corvettes around here, the reason its been sitting so long is because it is so high priced (even if the kbb is high). no one that isnt an enthusiast will buy that vette when they could get a newer LSX corvette for the same price.

im going to go look at the Camaro in about an hour. I will make sure to check the code by the doors to make sure its a real SS

I will also stop by a few places and look at some C4 corvettes.

LT4 better than the earlier LT1 motors?

i want the one with aluminum heads... thats the LT4 right?

Old 12-06-2006, 10:04 PM

well there are a ton of corvettes around here, the reason its been sitting so long is because it is so high priced (even if the kbb is high). no one that isnt an enthusiast will buy that vette when they could get a newer LSX corvette for the same price.

im going to go look at the Camaro in about an hour. I will make sure to check the code by the doors to make sure its a real SS

LT4's are a wee bit better than LT1's, but I have high doubts that as a driver you could notice the difference, unless lined up at the track. I really don't know what combo's had the aluminum heads on 'em, sorry I can't answer that question for ya.

Check that Camaro out, for sure! If it's a true SS, it'll be wicked. But, before you plunk yer hard earned cash down on her, I'd strongly recommend takin' one of your local C4's out for a spin... remember; it's not all about HP, torque is important too, and Corvette's have it by the bucketload.

I have a strong suspicion, my friend, if you drive one of the Vette's, you'll love it and buy it. But, let's see what happens... keep us posted?

Old 12-06-2006, 10:20 PM

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

LT4's are a wee bit better than LT1's, but I have high doubts that as a driver you could notice the difference, unless lined up at the track. I really don't know what combo's had the aluminum heads on 'em, sorry I can't answer that question for ya.

Check that Camaro out, for sure! If it's a true SS, it'll be wicked. But, before you plunk yer hard earned cash down on her, I'd strongly recommend takin' one of your local C4's out for a spin... remember; it's not all about HP, torque is important too, and Corvette's have it by the bucketload.

I have a strong suspicion, my friend, if you drive one of the Vette's, you'll love it and buy it. But, let's see what happens... keep us posted?
I will.

Another cool thing about the camaro is it has 18k miles.

i think the SS camaros are advertised as 335hp 350tq. but some have said they make more like 380hp/tq

Old 12-07-2006, 02:10 AM

I dont know man. I think the LT5 is one of the coolest engines ever put into a vette. They can put out some SICK power and with all those valves the exhaust note is unlike anything else.

Old 12-07-2006, 04:34 AM

So i went down to look at the 01 SS Camaro... it had SLP exhaust, and lid... it didnt have the 1le suspension... they told me 15k on the phone. i went in there and this salesman says no the owner wants 30k for that. im like good luck getting 15k over kbb for it. so i talked to the manager and he said no, it was $19,800. so basically they jerked me around too.

we went to another place and i found a 2001 z28 camaro, it had every option... black paint, black leather. leather, multi-disc cd, it has some exhaust i couludnt see what brand...

it sounds pretty mean, and it runs great. blew the tires away in 2nd gear... it pulled pretty good. about as hard as the zr1, or pretty close...

so i put a down payment on it, and im going back tomarrow with a check and i should be able to pick it up.

its not a done deal but it looks like im going to get this one.

Old 12-07-2006, 05:04 PM

My second favorite car of all time I've owned was a '97 Z/28 with the LT1. Man, that car was somethin' else. Did you take a Vette out for a spin, at least, to compare? Regardless, if you do get the Camaro, you'll absolutely love it.

Old 12-07-2006, 06:08 PM

DONT EVER......stick to a verbal agreement. Get it written down and then you can get a lawyer and get the car if its on paper. Verbal is a buncha BULLLLSHIITTTTTT.........Oh well camaro is the "baby" brother" of the corvette.

Old 12-08-2006, 02:58 AM

i bought the camaro, its great. i love the ls1. it has some aftermarket exhaust that sounds terrific.

it has about every option you can get. except for the SS package.

these are the premium wheels, i dont really like them that much. will probably get some sooner rather than later

Quick Reply: Just bought 1991 ZR1