Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Possibly a newbie question..

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Default RE: Possibly a newbie question..

No no, make sure you read my original post.. Im not saying they are in the stone ages, I want to know why people like 5th gear are saying they are, and if so why haven't they changed, But its becoming clear, I was a corvette owner, and I am looking for another, so I have great pride in the car also,But I have watched many reviews slander the Vette's suspension, and was wondering why.. As I said.. Im no Engineer. I thought maybe there was an unforseen advantage in the way they did things.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:16 PM

The only person that really turns his nose up at the C6is Jeremy Clarkson. I think he gets to drive all these exotic, mega dollar cars with supercar performance and when he drove the C6 Z06 that cost less than half of what those others cars cost and had better performance capabilities he was miffed. It kind of makes you wonder just how much those exotic European car manufacturers paid him to talk down about the Z. He said it was only good for the track I think he knows damned good and well just how phenomenal the C6 Zo6 is. He didn't just sing the Viper's praises either but thats a whole other subject.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:03 PM

Ok, sorry that I got a bit huffy, but who ever the hellClarkson is, he must be getting paid alot to trash the new Z06. As with LeesVette, I have been to the Corvette Factory in Kentucky, and I sure we have both seen a new Corvette being born, the last time I went in 2004, pre-production C6 engineering mules where being made right there in the factory along with the last C5s. When you are there you really learn to appreciate how sophisticated the corvette really is, from its one piece hydroformed frame rails, to its aluminum suspension, to its tried and true, OHV V8. The Corvette is one of the few true sports cars to survive over 50 yrs in production. I have been lucky enough to ride and drive almost every generation, and it simply amazes mehow good a 1967 really was, even to ride in today, and to ride in a new C6 and look out the windshield and see those front fenders sticking up just like they did 40 yrs ago. Corvettesare about heritage, heritage and technology that has been built up generation after generation. Obviously, Jeremy Clarkson just does not get it. I hope he gets the opportunity to drivethe newZ07 or SS, and make an assout of himself once again. Hopefully he will be driving along in one of his exoctics and someone in a newVette will embarass the hell out of him, lol.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:58 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Clarkson
He does Top Gear, we do not get the show here in the states. Its a good show except when he did the Corvette test review. He stretched the legs on a Bugatti Veyron to 240 MPH. He also like to destroy cars he doesn't like and he made a 15 minute or so video of shooting, dropping and basically trashing different generations of Corvettes - mainly C4's.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:29 AM

Well yes I dont believe he gets them, even though im Aussie, I like to believe that I "Get them"

I loved every minute of my 78 C3, it was cramped, Loud, uncomfortable, harsh, impractical, and dangerous.. and I wouldn't have had it any other way it was a car that used to bring me constant pleasure, and if I wasn't driving it, I was sitting in it, or giving it a polish and full detail...if your going to say "A C3 isn't that cramped" remember we drive them sitting on your passenger side, it was never designed to have a wheel and pedals there [8D]

Really I wish the Vette was as affordable here as they are for you guys, because the new ones are just as expensive, and even more expensive than most porsches or ferrari's, people here choose them over the vette, so Im not lucky enough to drive them unless I buy them, so im buying a C4 now, in 20 years time I may be able to afford a C5 they are only $100,000 hereAs a big fan of Americana they do give a great sense of heritage and history.. more so than anything else Ive had the pleasure of driving I hope you guys know how lucky you are.

FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE [:'(]

Here is Clarkson at his.. "Best"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9O_8aT-HTE

Here is his review of the Z06, and what he thinks of America.. Oh he hates you guys! (your corvette is cheap because its made from melted down action men)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohtOtL88Mak

Old 07-27-2007, 12:46 PM

I have two people I know on other Vette sites that live in Oz and their Vette's were outrageously price (so I thought) especially for the right hand conversion. Anywhere from $25,000 andup to have one converted.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:26 PM

OK, just watched the Z06 bashing and the man compared the car to Herpes. I truly think man should be banished from the United States forever!!!! LOL.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:39 PM

Yeah Vettes here are Crazy priced, the conversion price certainly doesn't help, But there are obviously stupidly high Government taxes or importers making crazy profits and extorting people.. If I do the math..You take the price given here for a Z06 of $76,000 (USD) which is about $80,000 AUD, then addanother $25k for a conversion, that makes $105k (AUD) yet the price at a dealer for a Z06 is.. well .. here is an advert for a near new Z06, $220,000... So where has the extra $115,000 come from? And more importantly, who's back pocket is it lining [:@]

http://www.carsales.com.au/new-cars-demo/CHEVROLET/CORVETTE/details.aspx?Model=CORVETTE&__Nne=20&__N=4 294966907+0+4294960863++834+287&Make=CHEVROLET &RegionID=&State=All%20States&silo=100 1&state_id=0&distance=25&Cr=0&seot =0&__sid=1137B5AFE18F&R=1431947&__Ns=p Car_DemoStatusSort_Int32|1||pCar_Price_Decimal|0&a mp;Region=All%20Regions&trecs=1

Lol As for Herpes, thats high praise from Clarkson, there is supposed to be a US version of Top gear, but its halted production at the moment because he refuses to live in the US [8D]

Old 08-07-2007, 12:16 PM

well....jeremy clarkston is an *******!!!!!! and lets here it for the BEST POUND FOR DOLLAR FOR PERFORMANCE IN THE WORLD

LADIES AND GENTS THECORVETTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-09-2007, 12:14 AM

All I can say to that JERKWAD Clarkston is "KISS MY AMERICAN A##!!"

Where is he from? I didn't see anyone holding a gun to his head and forcing him to drive anAmerican car & as far as not liking it in the US of A, that's easy...Keep the F##K Out!!

What cars are produced in his country? and which one is is it that is better than a vette?

84 corvetteC4, you hit it right on the head (or hole) Right ON!!

Quick Reply: Possibly a newbie question..