Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Preoccupation with cell phones

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Preoccupation with cell phones

Overwhelmed by self percieved importance!
Using a cell phone while driving..........their little world would come to a stop if they were out of contact with the outside for 20min. while driving to the mall.
I really think it has become an adiction. My cousin (female) pulls out her phone as soon as she gets in the car. We were just in the house and she was fine, no phone, tv.......!
I told her I wouldn't ride with her if she was going to be on the phone. She hung up, but I swear she was "Jones'in", going through withdrawls. I don't know what made me more nervous. Her "relaxed" with the phone or havin' the shakes form not having it in her ear.

Old 09-13-2006, 01:38 AM
Super Moderator

Starship, That sounds like my wife. she stays on the phone. in the house or car. drives me nuts. I had to put in as econd line at the house just so I could use the net and make my calls for my work. I know in some states it's a misdameanor, here in Tn. the cops are on them too. geeesh!

Old 09-13-2006, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator

BTW, that really sucks, what happened to your car Dude!!!

Find out where the guy lives, sneak up behind him when he comes out of his house to go to work, and throw your monkey at him!!! (take lots of pics, O. K.?) ROFL!!!

Old 09-13-2006, 03:28 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

BTW, that really sucks, what happened to your car Dude!!!

Find out where the guy lives, sneak up behind him when he comes out of his house to go to work, and throw your monkey at him!!! (take lots of pics, O. K.?) ROFL!!!
Oh GOD yeh! If yer gonna do any monkey throwing, though, video might be in order.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:33 PM

Sorry about the Vette, hope everything is well with you physically. I had the same thing happen to me, except I wasn't driving my Vette. Some little 16 y/o rear ended me while text messaging his freind. He was doing 40mph and never saw me. It took everything I had not to go open a can of whoop *** on him,[:@] since I was on my way to drop off my 3yr old at day care. I've had to have 2 neck surgeries. from that wreck. Like 16 y/o's need cell phones might as well let them drink a fifth of vodka and drive they couldn't be anymore dangerous

Old 09-14-2006, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

Vette RN, I was lucky not to be injured. I am really sorry that you were hurt. I hope your Dr.'s fix you up better than new. We'll say some prayers for your well being. Now a days most 16 year olds are not mature enough to have a cel phone let alone a drivers liscense. This youg kid had just driven from california and was haveing a bad first day in TN. I almost felt sorry for him til I looked at my car again. Blessings, Shark(george)

Old 09-15-2006, 09:00 AM

Hi Blueshark. The exact, very same thing happened to me and my 87 Vette conv't about 3 years ago, only it was a little old lady of 86 years of age and she was talking to another lady in the car and hit my Vette's rear end at 80 km/h, while my Vette was parked, destroying the whole rear end. This was Easter weekend, and I didn't have my Vette for the whole Summer while it was getting repaired. Oh well......the lady was taken to the hospital and was in for three weeks; poor thing. I felt bad about that.

mypetu39

Old 09-25-2006, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Hi all, Just an updateThe Vette is still not in the shop yet. insurance has not answered me on the estamate of $3003.02. They are dragging their feet. I just spoke with them again this morning and hopefully they will OK it this week. wish me luck.[sm=smiley35.gif]

Old 10-10-2006, 04:27 PM

Oh Good LORD already!!! Jeez, George, this has been going on for awhile now, hasn't it? What's the news?

Old 10-10-2006, 11:35 PM

My heart goes out to you too. What is really unbelievable though - is because people are irresponsible, the government will have to get involved, and actually pass a law, to prevent what people should have prevented in the first place! This happens time and time again. The less the government effects my life the better.

Quick Reply: Preoccupation with cell phones