Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Preoccupation with cell phones

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Preoccupation with cell phones

Thanks for the concern ya'll. I recieved my reduced check from the insurance company on friday of last week. After some investigating I suppose they are somewhat justified as the bodyshop was collecting over $800.00 for the left quarter alone. Unfortunately now they won't fix it unless I pay the differance.
My solution is : I found a factory quarter for $99.00 + $45.00 shipping and I will get the center trim pieces from Ecklers and do it my self. Benifit to that is I can do the custom paint job on it I wanted to do while still useing factory paint and I won't have to worry about shoddy work since I will not pay the extra for the parts the body shop wants.
No wonder insurance costs are so high with service shops ripping them and the customers off.

I'll post some pictures when it's done for everyones opinion. Cheers, B.S. .....ooops!, BlueShark.(George)

PS: Good thing I just bought a new DeVilbis Gun.

PPS: glad your back Topspeed(Scotty)

Old 10-11-2006, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Hey,...Hey, Git 'er done Dude! That insurance money will pay you for the work!!!

Old 10-12-2006, 02:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Curious George

My heart goes out to you too. What is really unbelievable though - is because people are irresponsible, the government will have to get involved, and actually pass a law, to prevent what people should have prevented in the first place! This happens time and time again. The less the government effects my life the better.
On the news up here recently, there was an interesting story. Seems a local, busy, company told their employees to NOT use cell phones while driving. They have to pull over, use a payphone, whathaveyou....

They discovered that things are now running at 95% productivity (I have no idea how they measured that, but they somehow did) and it took a couple days for folks to get used to it, but everyone is totally OK with it. Now, here's the kicker; near 50% of the people who work there are now NOT using their cellphones in the car during personal time!!!

So, except for emergencies.... I say, why the heck is this even a topic? I mean, c'mon... what happened to common sense? It never ceases to amaze me, that we, as a society, need to pass laws for patently stupid things.

Reminds me of those warning labels:
Chainsaw
Do not attempt to stop chain with hands.

Tesco's Tiramisu dessert: (printed on bottom of the box)
Do not turn upside down.

Nytol sleep aid:
Warning: may cause drowsiness.

Cardboard windshield sun shade:
Warning: Do Not Drive With Sun Shield in Place.

Infant's bathtub:
Do not throw baby out with bath water.

Disposable razor:
Do not use this product during an earthquake.

A toilet bowl cleaning brush.
Do not use orally.

Microwave Oven:
Do not use for drying pets.

Rat Poison
Warning: has been found to cause cancer in laboratory mice.

Here's the whole list, if you want to pass some time.

Some of those make you really wonder how that came to light to be an issue.