Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Rather odd pic request..

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Rather odd pic request..

Here's some more....

http://www.idavette.net/trivia.htm

"A total of 43 - 1983 model Corvettes were built, but there were so many quality problems with them it was decided to halt production until they could be corrected. By the time the problems were corrected, it was so late into the model year that the car was brought out as a 1984 model which was run for a year and a half. The 1983,s were never sold to the public and the only one that is known to still exist is in the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY"

Old 08-23-2007, 02:53 PM

Is this the one you saw JoeVetteman??

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Picture...-Corvette.html

Interesting read there Blueshark.

Old 08-23-2007, 03:15 PM

To my friend rshiver.Yes,that is the very one.The thing about it is,if you look at it closely enough you can see a few panel gaps and the paint itself looks weathered,but yeah,that's the one.It's not at all perfect,but there it sits.It's funny because that is the first surviving C4 and my '96 is one of the last ones built....brings it all to perspective how far along the C4 went when it comes to their quality,reliability,and overall performance.If you ever get the chance,go to the museum.It's a special place.Bring a good camera,though,you're gonna need it,LOL!!!! And yes,there were 43 of them...all destroyed after a while,something GM still does....even the new Z06,OUCH!!!!!

Old 08-23-2007, 06:14 PM
cwb

... I still think the guy was BS'in' me when he said he used to have an '83...

But at any rate, the only 2 articles I ever read on c4 development was one article about the X-brace for top-out coupes (invented for poor frame design, and a rush design change), and another article about the Zora-1 car -not even called a Corvette.

The Corvette plant builds a new 1984 model Corvette, with build order "DE 9163 ZORA 1". The car is identified on the build sheet as model ZORA 1, not as a Corvette. The car is a standard 1984 model Corvette, other than the non-standard exterior color, code 33 Spectra Red. The car is for use at the Black Hills Corvette Classic event in Spearfish, South Dakota, in July, with Zora Arkus-Duntov posing for publicity photos and videos.

Any info on the '83???

Old 08-23-2007, 06:40 PM
cwb

ORIGINAL: blueshark

Here's some more....

"A total of 43 - 1983 model Corvettes were built, but there were so many quality problems with them it was decided to halt production until they could be corrected. By the time the problems were corrected, it was so late into the model year that the car was brought out as a 1984 model which was run for a year and a half. The 1983,s were never sold to the public and the only one that is known to still exist is in the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY"
Yeah, yeah, yeah...

I gotcher trivia right here...........

What's wrong with this picture? And I have to fess up - I wouldn't have got it either[&:]

Old 08-23-2007, 07:42 PM

Is it the power key?

Old 08-23-2007, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: cwb

Here's some more....

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Problem?....KMA!

Old 08-24-2007, 07:37 PM
cwb

ORIGINAL: 9340Vette

Is it the power key?
Yup... But what's wrong still???

Old 08-26-2007, 07:32 PM

You got me now, I am not sure what else could be wrong.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:46 PM
cwb

ORIGINAL: cwb

Here's some more....

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Problem?....KMA!
'Course not there, blues![sm=joke.gif]

Just somethin' I found while checkin' on the '83 vettes.

The pic is of the ZR1 power switch. But the console is an '89 console. And there was no '89 ZR1. (although this convertible '89 DR1 with removable h/t is pretty nifty lookin').
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...onvertible.jpg

Quick Reply: Rather odd pic request..