Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Someone threw a brick at my car!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 08:06 PM
cwb
Default RE: Someone threw a brick at my car!!!!!

If that's from a brick, you're lucky.

From your title, I'm thinkin' you could pull the dipstick if it was in the rightplace...

Old 04-02-2008, 10:02 PM

I agree. This sounds vindictive. You may well have been targeted. Wait a while.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:43 PM

Man that SUX, what is it about people now-a-days? The paint code should be along withyour RPO codes. Under the console lid, rear compartment lid or glove box lid, I'm not sure on an 85. In 85 there was....Medium Gray Metallic code 18, but you say it isn't metallic, so it I'm not sure what it might be.

Check the RPO codes.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:53 AM

ORIGINAL: avp0713

If I were you, I would leave it. Why? Because for some untold reason, someone has some bad feelings toward you. It's not vandalism. If it was vandalism, your window would definitely have been trashed. Someone smaller than you is pissed off at you, maybe a girl? maybe a young teenager in a "ricer car"? Maybe someone who feels you wronged them somehow.

If it is someone you know, then they'll do it again ESPECIALLY if you repair it immediately.

Give it some time... It's no big deal.... think of it as a battle scar (no pun intended.... battlecar!)

Hmm...if it was my car I wouldn't exactly ignore it. As enthusiasts, we put so much time into our cars that something like this would just ruin my day. I'd repair it and hope it was just a random act of vandalism.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:07 AM

ORIGINAL: 85vette80821

Thanks for all the support everyone. Yeah seeing the car walking up to it just made my stomach turn and I was heated. That langka product looks interesting and I might give that a try. 78buckshot, the paint isn't metallic. Is there any place that I can find the paint code for my car? I would say its a charcoal gray, but I would like to be sure so that if I get the touch up paint, I can get the matching one. Thanks again everyone.
I assume it would be at the end of the RPO list?

Old 04-07-2008, 06:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Viscount

ORIGINAL: 85vette80821

Thanks for all the support everyone. Yeah seeing the car walking up to it just made my stomach turn and I was heated. That langka product looks interesting and I might give that a try. 78buckshot, the paint isn't metallic. Is there any place that I can find the paint code for my car? I would say its a charcoal gray, but I would like to be sure so that if I get the touch up paint, I can get the matching one. Thanks again everyone.
I assume it would be at the end of the RPO list?
Typically they are in an alpha/numeric order.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:08 PM

These days bringing your car to the autobody shop means an immediate $300 bill at the least. Whether you bring your car in for a small unsightly scratch on the hood depends on a few different variables. (1) If you have an immediate $300+ and a few days to spare without your Vette... (2) If you have a really good bodyshop to work on your car, otherwise get ready for some arguing... (3) If you don't suspect that perhaps the brick landed on your car for something you caused (read roadrage).

Put it this way. Most of us have had some bad blood with another person sometime in our life, whether it be another motorist, jealous boyfriend/girlfriend or begrudged employee... If you suspect that you'll be targeted again.... don't waste your time and money on a little scratch. That is unless you have a showcar.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:00 PM

if there through the paint and into the primer or worst yet the metal get some matching touch up paint fill in the scratch till you see the touchup piant a bit higher then the car paint(this may take several applications with the touchup paint). then wet sand it with 1000-1500 grit paper till its even with the car paint then just buff and polish. ive tried this a few times and its actually come out quit well.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:49 PM

Metal? on a Corvette forum? I just had to say that.... but thanks for the information.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:48 PM
cwb

I think avp has a good point there 00...

If the OP has an enemy, that probably needs addressin' first.

Then spot up the scratch with a repair...

Quick Reply: Someone threw a brick at my car!!!!!