Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 04:36 PM
ZR2
Default RE: Stock C4 vs Saleen Mustang S281

yeah race him , but if i were you i wouldn't bet money[8D]

Old 12-24-2006, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

What ever you do be careful and have fun. nobody has the perfect car or is the perfect driver. you never know what might happen. I remember when I was a kid I raced a NYS trooper in his 65 vette with a blown 427/4 speed. I had a '70 Torino with a nascar boss 429 Dragpac 4 speed. in Ideal conditions he should have won just concidering the weight alone. He faild to feather the clutch correctly and spun his tires too long and I walked away from him. I got lucky and knew it. but it sure was fun raceing a cop and not getting in trouble. LOL.

Old 12-27-2006, 10:21 PM

Why would your brother-in-law want to have braging rights over a car 14 years old anyway. Not to mention that yours is a bone stock factory production linevehicle, & w/o a supercharger to boot. That's like saying your Vette blew away a '78 firebird. Yea, so what!

Borrow a new Z06 and see his jaw drop. All things being equal, you should be racing late model vs.late model. Still yet, he's got an aftermarket car. But you'd blow his doors off in the Z.

Thats what ets me about these kids that have these souped up rice grinders with their turbos and NOS wanting to race me in the Z06. Yea, they may be faster, I dunno. But let me put the $10K-$15K that they spent on their car & put it in mine and see who's laughing now.

I think its great that that people want to challenge us Vette owners because when you're at the top, everyone wants a piece of you. Bottom line...win or lose, you still have a vette...America's ONLY true sports car! Oh, once you lose the drag race, challenge him to an autocross. That will even the score.

Good luck!

Old 01-01-2007, 05:43 PM

Actually...he didn't challenge me. The race is my idea....just for fun!

Old 01-01-2007, 07:19 PM

[sm=bangbang.gif]Tell the pustang to get on the road. Stoplight race. First one to 55 wins. Hell spin his tires and burnout. Autos rule. Stick the gas to the floor and hold on tight. Run the wienie off the road. sjeez. Its the driver that counts. Cheat. Shoot out his tires, spin him out, takea shortcut. Who cares. This thread is blah blah blah mustnags gunna whip ***. Well for everyone thinking the stangs gunna win. YOUR GUNNA EAT YOUR OWN WORDS. So ha. Who cares if the cars old . Its a corvette. corvette=cool, chick magnet, fast, fun, sexy lookn, and just plain rare.....

Old 01-03-2007, 12:25 AM

Hey!

Whaddya mean my car's old????

If it was a chick, she'd be jailbait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![sm=gears.gif]

Old 01-12-2007, 06:19 PM

Hello again,guys.You know,I was thinking.Every now ans then,some moron in a little 4-cylinder with a blower or whatever,or a blown Mustang,you know,a few younger kids thinking they're hot,will try to challenge me or at least rev up their motors thinking I'll be impressed.Sometimes I might have fun,sometimes not.The point is,gentlemen,the Corvette has ALWAYS been the one car everybody wants to beat!That's part of the appeal of it and why it's such a great car.Yeah,a few might get me,but so what?After all,my '96 is fairly stock(for now),although it runs like a monster with no problems.I'll just let them have their fun until MY time to have fun comes around.Remember,we all as Vette owners have a new champion on our side the Z06.And there are quite a few out there with some nice mods,so if you get kicked by a new car,so be it.There's plenty of monsters out there to make us proud.Besides,nothing looks better than a Vette of any vintage,I say.Going fast or standing still.LONG LIVE THE C4!!!

Old 01-20-2007, 02:43 AM

ORIGINAL: mariogarcia@usa.com

Whats the difference between a Saleen and a Cobra anyway?
Saleen is to Mustang what Lingenfelter is to Corvettes. Third Party performance bulder. A typical Saleen Mustang is basically a Mustang GT with a body kit (4.6 OHV 2)...you have the option of going with bigger brakes and supercharging. A supercharged Saleen put about 330 at the flywheel. I don't know RWHP numbers.

SVT Cobras are the Z06 of Mustangs. The Cobra's 320HP(flywheel) 4.6 DOHC motors are hand built in Ford's SVT Plants. Saleen Cobra's do exist but they are rare and freakin fast....I can go on an on but you'd have to buy popcorn... lol

Old 01-20-2007, 02:52 AM

ORIGINAL: JoeVetteman

Hello again,guys.You know,I was thinking.Every now ans then,some moron in a little 4-cylinder with a blower or whatever,or a blown Mustang,you know,a few younger kids thinking they're hot,will try to challenge me or at least rev up their motors thinking I'll be impressed.Sometimes I might have fun,sometimes not.The point is,gentlemen,the Corvette has ALWAYS been the one car everybody wants to beat!That's part of the appeal of it and why it's such a great car.Yeah,a few might get me,but so what?After all,my '96 is fairly stock(for now),although it runs like a monster with no problems.I'll just let them have their fun until MY time to have fun comes around.Remember,we all as Vette owners have a new champion on our side the Z06.And there are quite a few out there with some nice mods,so if you get kicked by a new car,so be it.There's plenty of monsters out there to make us proud.Besides,nothing looks better than a Vette of any vintage,I say.Going fast or standing still.LONG LIVE THE C4!!!
"Here, Here" JoeVetteman........

I'm still trying to sell my 2001 Cobra... I am finalizing the purchase of my c4 next week! CAN'T WAIT!!

Black86vette..... no words to eat here... if that C4 is stock and that Saleen is SC'd, then that Saleen will walk away... My Cobra is not SC'd.....only bolt-ons and I have taken C4 with bolt ons.... no contest

I don't like getting caught up in the Ford/Chevy rivals and start making fun of either one.....they both make great cars and both have made Amercian history... Rice on the other hand is a whole different story!!

Old 01-20-2007, 12:35 PM

You LT1 should put around 255-260hp to the wheels.....Your gonna get spanked.....unless ya go around a road course and he dosent know how to drive

Quick Reply: Stock C4 vs Saleen Mustang S281