Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Vette Wil Not Start

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 02:11 PM
Default Vette Wil Not Start

Hello All, I'm new to this forum and I need help!!

I have a 1995 Corvette Convertible (triple black, 6spd) with 31,500 miles on it. I am the second owner. I don't drive it as often as I would like, but I do keep the battery charged with a trickle charger. My problem is this: This morning I finally found the time to get the car out for a ride and when I unlocked the door I noticed that the interior lights didn't come on. When I got in the car I heard a ticking sound coming from under the dashboard on the passenger side. I tried to start the car, but it wouldn't start. I put my battery charger on it, but the battery seemed fully charged. I waited a bit, and tried to start the car again, but nothing. I noticed that the Passive Key Light came on the DIC but went out. Ticking noise continued. I disconnected the battery for aout five minutes, but when I connected it the ticking noise resumed. Finally, I started pulling fuses and when I got to fuse no. 39 (CCM2), the ticking noise stopped. I put the fuse back in and the ticking noise started again.

I know Fuse 39 is the Central Control Module, but what is it? What does it control? and how can I fix it?

More background on the problem: Two weeks ago I was in the car to get something out. I didn't start it or anything. I opened the door with the key and retrieved my item. I did not hear a ticking sound then. So between then and now, something went nuts!!