Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

what do you guys think of this intake??

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 05:09 AM
Default what do you guys think of this intake??

http://www.firstinjections.com/products.htm

This manifold has been around for a long time but i recently discovered it. It isnt talked about much and i really wonder why. Everyone talks about the big mouth and tpis runners, but that doesnt even compare to this manifold. I want to build a powerful daily-driver, with plenty of torque to make the corners fun. I dont like the looks of the superram, and the miniram...well i wont be revving to 7k rpm on the streets. Obviously the runners are a lot bigger, but the plenum also sits 2" lower, shortening the lengths of the runners, and its supposed to up the power band by 1k over the stock TPI. I would love to see some flow #'s and a dyno graph. what do you guys think?

Old 11-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Default RE: what do you guys think of this intake??

Looks interesting!!!! Never heard of it before, but that doesn't mean anything..... I'd do some further research myself, if I were you, it looks like it's got potential for your needs.

Old 11-04-2006, 11:41 PM

I went to 'Vegas this past week to the SEMA show... it was a blast. Anyways, my two cents about modding a C4 would be to add a supercharger. It will by far give you the ost bang for the buck. Yes - they are expensive, but worth it, if you consider the bolt-on power they add. I am going to add one to my '92 C4 convertible as an x-mas present to myself.

There are various kits available for the L98 and LT1.

CG

Old 11-05-2006, 12:00 AM

Its funny you brought up the Super charger, I was just looking the past few days for superchargers. I think the SBC B&M 144 blower works with the L98, that is what I was looking for. Does anyone know if any big mods have to be done in order to make it fit, ie; Hood Clearance, and does it require a differnt water pump for the pulley...etc... I guess I could spend a few hours and look it up, but maybe one of you guys know!

[IMG]local://upfiles/3562/5A0DA5E4166346DDBA17B730AB128183.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-05-2006, 12:10 AM

I am sold on the Procharger superchargers. I saw a lot of them being used at the show. Vortech is also a good one, but I like the idea of not having to tap into your oil pan for lubrication. Check-out Procharger.com and look at what they have. I am sure everybody has their own opinionof what brand is best, but there is no denying that SC are the bomb.

If you go with the Procharger, no mods are required to the hood or otherwise.

CG

Old 11-05-2006, 12:27 AM

http://www.procharger.com/GM/gm_auto.shtml

great minds think alike Curious George

I just finished reading up on it !!!!! and WOW such an easy bolt on too

Old 11-05-2006, 12:10 PM

Wow looks easy. But im sure it has a price. Im getting a job this summer. I wonder how much it is and if I could save up for it. My parents buy the parts for my car and me and my dad try to do as much labor ourselves as possible. Im on my second vette because some ******** ran a red light and totaled my 90. Now I got this one. Not to bad. FYI. If anyone has the L-98 motor and wants to get rid of there old valve covers. Go to advance auto parts and get these chrome eddlebrock valve covers for 40.00I know they are probably not the top stuff but they are good enough for me and brightened my 20 yr old engine bay up a bit. Gotta do the best I can until I can upgrade to a better motor ect. That intake btw would be a good idea. I saw something similar at MAD vette. It def. improves your horsepower. I would estimate it at about 20 hp. Possibly more depending on what size you get and if you get a 52/58 mm throttle body ect. Im sure you could get up to forty horsepower but thats going to be pricey. I agree that the superram/miniram are ugly IMO.......and they are not the best route for me as i would like to remain stock lookng as possible. If I upgraded to a supercharger I wouldnt mind to much but thhat wiill be along way off. Best of luck with this project.