Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

"Custom-fit" Splash Guards

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 09:15 PM
Default "Custom-fit" Splash Guards

okie dokie...heres the deal...i've had these Altec "Custom-fit" Splash Guards sitting in my garage for some time now, i've had them out of the original packaging with the intent of installing them but once i thought about having to drill the holes i changed my mind! now i finally got up the nerveto drill the holes (mainly because i got new wheels) but when i placed the guards against the car to mark the holes...the "custom-fit" didn't custom-fit...i thought about sanding them in certain areas to fit flush...but i spent $150 on these things to mess them up with some sandpaper!

anybody here ever slap a set of these on their car before and have the same "custom-fit" problem?

all replies appreciated! thanks in advance!

Old 07-28-2007, 09:41 PM
Default RE: "Custom-fit" Splash Guards

I have the exact same issue. I got mine from west coast corvette.....and I had the same issues.....first the instructions are horrible.....some of the parts were missing (the rear ones had the clips, the fronts didn't).....and no they don't fit that well at all! I emailed WCC a week or more ago complaining...and wanting to send them back to get my money back....they have conveniently not replied to me. I wouldn't recommend them to anybody!...the splash guards....or thus far, WCC....I'll let you know if they give me my money back.

Old 09-22-2007, 01:35 AM
Default RE: "Custom-fit" Splash Guards

I got mine from Ecklers and they fit just fine
you have to put a slight amount of pressure to get the contor to fit tight
One the back set you should also add a strip of aluminum strap to help support them of the whole back side will wiggle
No speed bumps after you install because when you go over the bump the guard will scrape as the tire rolls down to the pavement
the bump will contact tha guard
I have my second set becauseof this