Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

C5-Z06 issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Default C5-Z06 issues

Hi there,

i am new on the forum here and i am from kuwait if u heared about it.

i have a c5 as i mentioned on the title and i need ur advices please coz i saw that many of u here are experts.

sorry for my bad english

my corvette usually had one code becuase of the cam ( oxygen sensor ) and nowaday i am facing a new problem, service veciechle soon , and when i race with it some alarms appears such as service abs and active handling system and service traction system, and the yellow lights are on. when i turn the engine off and turn it on again they all were gone.

but i am facing it twice a day some times and i am rearly use the car since it is my second car. and when i took it to the programmer ( a person who is expert with the corvettes in kuwait :P ) he says that since that these lights are not on all the time there is no problem and he checked it with his hand computure he says no codes they are all clean and you have only the oxygen sinsor.

please your advice.

i checked the codes after the lights were on and the codes are:
28-tcs 1 code.

10-PCM 3 codes.

these are the codes and does the battery power effect the codes? maybe the battery is old and need to change

please your suggestions and advices and tell me if its a big problem or not.

and thank your for accepting me in your forums wish u all the best.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:50 PM

Most likely, your EBCM needs to be repaired. But first you need to extract the exact codes.
You can enter the Diagnostic Display mode using the following procedure:
How to Pull Codes:
1. Turn your key to the "ON" position, but do not start the engine.
2. Clear any present messages by pressing the RESET button.
3. Hold the OPTIONS button down, and press the FUEL button 4 times. (This will get you into the "codes" section of the DIC.
4. The computer will automatically display all the codes your car has created. It will cycle through each code every 3 seconds. (Have a pen and paper handy to write down the codes)

Note: Any code that ends in an "H" is a history code (something that has occurred in the past, but is not reporting as an error currently.)

5. Once the computer has finished going through all of its codes, press RESET to enter Manual Configuration mode. It should start with a module and show "NO CODES" or "# Codes."
6. To optionally reset codes once in manual mode, press and hold RESET until is displays "NO CODES."
7. Press OPTIONS to go into the next module (ie, from PCM, or Powertrain Control Module, to TCS, or Traction Control System.)
8. Repeat Step 6 until you have reset all the codes in all the computer modules.

Note: Only reset the codes if you want to- it is not necessary to reset them every time you pull the codes.

9. When finished, simply take your key out of the ignition.

How to Interpret Codes
Now, once you've pulled the codes (it will usually be a letter followed by four numbers), you can go to THIS SITE to get an interpretation of what they mean.

http://www.stengel.net/diccodes.htm

If any of the codes indicate a failed EBCM, you can remove it by following these instructions (2001 and newer):

http://www.conceptualpolymer.com/Ele...l%20Module.pdf

And welcome to the forum.

Dave