Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

Do you wave when another vette drives by you?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 09:14 PM
Default RE: Do you wave when another vette drives by you?

ORIGINAL: bluwolf

Just curious, why do you think you get the bird?

cause I'm in NJ, close to NYC, and we all know that "NEWYORKERS", aren't the nicest people. I try to race alot of people too.....so, that could be a factor as well

Old 10-15-2006, 09:42 AM

I would say I get the wave returned about 60%-70% of the time. No matter if they wave or not I always throw a wave out there. I figure if those who don't wave are waved at enough it might just catch on to them.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:35 AM

I always wait for the wave lol im never the first to do it but I do wave back.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:39 AM

ORIGINAL: bluwolf

It's odd. I've only had mine for a couple of weeks. But I haven't seen a single wave from another Vette. I'v had them sitting right beside me and looking the car up and down. But not even acknowledging I'm in the car.

I've had a couple of nods, and even short conversations going down the road with a few Mustangs, mostly new ones. And there was always a wave from fellow bikers when I had my Ninja.

Maybe it's just this neck of the woods here in S.W.Florida.

Mike
I would say I get the conversations more than the waves from people at stop lights and driving slowly down the road, it always ends up with people wanting me to drop the hammer so they can see what my car can do lol.

Old 10-18-2006, 08:42 PM

I get lots of waves, too....of course I reciprocate. I get countless compliments on her, too....from kids, teens, my age, and older than me.....it's pretty cool.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:17 AM

I'm not sure what's going on but lately I get nothing when I wave at C4 and C3 owners....what's going on with that? Do they not feel like part of our group?

Old 05-30-2007, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

They're probably too busy looking at that gorgeous black vette and don't realize your even in it.LOL.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:08 AM

Name:  vette.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  6.2 KBMy hubby and I got our vette 1 1/2 weeks ago and we both noticed waves from other vettes right away, Its so cool!!! I LOVE HAVING A VETTE!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-01-2007, 11:01 PM

I think the corvette wave is awesome and adds to the enjoyment of driving. Being a nice day I saw lots of vettes today and was waiving furiously - lol. The coolest wave I have had wascatching up another vette on the freeway. I looked across and waved, the guyhad a huge smile on his face (obviously as he was driving a vette) and waived back.
I actually think it makes you more observant as well as I am always looking for vettes I am not that familiar with. [sm=happy046.gif]

Old 06-02-2007, 12:39 AM

well here in central california the wave is active...even from the C3 & C4 owners! my car has been in the shop for about a week now because a lady at the stop light decided to go before the light turned green...pushed me about 6 feet into the intersection (good thing there was no cross traffic)! anyway i'm in this huge ugly truck-like 300M rental car and now all the vette owners are out driving! i'm waving like crazy to no avail! i dont blame them though...i wouldn't give this car the slightest glance either...but i do say that those who saw me wave probably figured i had a vette to so they waved back!

Quick Reply: Do you wave when another vette drives by you?