Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Corvette C5 Forum (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c5-forum-13/)
-   -   help me decide PlZ! (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c5-forum-13/help-me-decide-plz-3898/)

350topless 11-11-2006 07:51 PM

help me decide PlZ!

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you guys can give me some advice. Currently I drive a 2005 nissan 350Z convertible, I have been interested in owning vettes all my life but I thought there would be too much for me. my 350 has been my strongest car ever! So I thought I would start from something moderate in power and go up the food chain. I got a ride in someone's c5 z06 and I am speechless......! these things are mean and my 350 is like a civic compare to the z06. But I wasn't really impressed with the interior , I think its even worse than my Z! I didn't also get to experience the handeling of the car and how easy it is to drive! What do you guys think? should I pull the trigger and trade in my car for a c5 zo6. How is the maintance On these cars,, I hear bad things :(. and how is the gas milage compare to my Z? Also the most important thing for me is the drivebality of the car since it will be my daily driver. And we get lots of rain where I live! Please dont' try to be biase towards the Z06 I really need some helpful advice from z06 owners. Also if you have pics of the yellow one plz post cus I think yellow is SEX on WHEEL.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP EVERYONE

350topless 11-11-2006 08:29 PM

RE: help me decide PlZ!

wow no help! :(

Lee Willis 11-11-2006 09:12 PM

You are correct in observing that the Corvtte's interior is pretty low grade. That is the one consistence criticism of vettes going back for several decades now. The interior in mine looks more like it was made by Fisher Price. It also it not durable: I have 15000 miles on the car and one of the seats has seams splitting (probably the way I sort of flop into the car, but still) and it has several wear spots and one broken piece of trim.

But all that is unimportant to me: you have to decide if it is to you, too. The Z06 is seriously fast -- much much quicker in every way than the 350Z, yet civilized enough to drive every day. Durability and mechanical upkeep, if you keep it stock and don't race it much, are fantastic: very durable and reliable. Parts are very low cost and it is fairly easy to work on yourself if you are so inclined (compared to 350Zs, anyway).

Finally, the C5 ZO6 is durable even if you modifiy it some, and pretty cheap to modify. I know 350Zs aren't - I had a friend who spent $9000 to put a supercharger on his 350Z -- it still would not keep up with a stock ZO6 and he blew the heads off two weeks later, ruining the engine.

350topless 11-11-2006 09:56 PM

thanks For you reply. The only thing that I am having trouble with is the fact that I am considering 2005 c6 and 02,03, zO6. Price wise they are a little diferent, but I find the C6's interior much better than the C5 and eventhough I haven't had a chance to test drive one I think it is more civilized than the ZO6 and for me its fast enough. And you are right, modding 350z are expensive. a decenct TT set up with a build engine will run arond 17k. Huge investment for a "Nissan".

350topless 11-14-2006 03:07 AM

Just wanted to say that this forum SU...X A.SS I have only got one reply WTF is wrong with you corvette people. bunch of RED NECKS> FU(CK

chargedvette02 11-14-2006 05:50 AM

Bunch of red necks lol hahahahahahaha[:@]. I say the vette is too much for u (price and power wise), stick to the slow and heavy z.... Hey atleast u have nice interior with it.

Lee Willis 11-14-2006 10:15 AM

350topless: You got one reply pal - that is one more than anyone here owed you. You join the forum, immediately ask one question that really has no specific answer, don't participate or get to know anyone else, get upset with a lack of response to you as if it is our duty to answer, and then start throwing profanity around.

Why don't you just go elsewhere?? You are not worthy of owning a Corvette.

TopSpeed 11-14-2006 03:39 PM

Yeh, way to ask for input. Nice work.

2K2 C5 11-14-2006 04:48 PM

350topless... Go away... http://www.350zforum.com/

Dave01 11-14-2006 05:49 PM

Many of us are extremely busy and cannot always have the time to sit and answer every question. Doing a Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde switch will almost never get more people to answer. Patience is a virtue and it looks like you are sadly lacking in this category.

mark m 11-15-2006 08:27 PM

you were the first time. a vette would be to much for you. all the vette people i've come across
have way more class

350topless 11-16-2006 09:47 PM

I apologize to anyone that got offended by my post. I was in a hurry because I am really close to trade in my Z for this beautiful 2002 Zo6. I was expecting more replies because I am use to big forums. I just thought that you guys are ignoring my post and that no one cares. but once again I am deeply sorry for the profanity I used.

Cheers

350topless 11-17-2006 01:53 AM

no comments again lol! Is it that bad of a question ?

tankerpilot01 11-18-2006 04:07 AM

All I can say is wow.....350, you can't expect an answer to all your questions in a matter of 4 or 5 hours. You for sure didn't make any friends in here.....stick with your 350z.

gmaredd 11-18-2006 01:00 PM

Hey 350,

You really need to work on your manners! You obviously are immature and don't appreciate the advise that comes from the many members of this forum who strive to help those who actually ask legitimate worthwhile questions. Go back to your Nissan buddies where you belong!

Grant

350topless 11-18-2006 11:12 PM

Who are you guys to tell me what car I deserve and what car I don't! I think you guys are the immature ones here not me! I apologized for the rude comments I did earlier on and you guys are draging it on forever, whats ur deal? the funny thing is that most people who are giving me Sh7it have less than 5 posts loll. YOU have got to be kiding me! yeah in 5 hours not one post but 180 views! I think something is wrong with this forum. AND PLEASE DONT be telling me what I desereve and what I don't, cus to me you are all bunch of midlife crise red necks that could not afford a corvette when you were my age 27 :). THE SAD thing is that you could of just post a constructive comment about owing a Z06, instead of telling me to go back to my nissan buddies! yeah I love my nissan buddies and I will stick with them. For your information I just bought a red Z06 and I love it so much that I dont even look at my 350z anymore lol. but yeah thanks for your help everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! AND GET A LIFE PlZ.

P.S. I guess I am worthy of having a corvette because I just bought one :). THANKS

Navy Flyboy 11-18-2006 11:45 PM

Don't come crying to us when you tear that beautiful red Z06 to pieces because your @$$ couldn't handle that Chevy power. O, and all that about the mid-life crisis stuff, ain't true. I'm 15 and I'm way more mature than you are. I drive a 450 HP 2000 SS Camaro every day, and we're looking at trading up to a Corvette real soon, and I would bet my life that I could outrace you anyday. So yeah, I'm with everyone else, stick with your little farting rice burner, it's all you're worth bud.

Digger 11-19-2006 09:11 PM

Hey 350 Topless

I just made the swap from an 04 Infiniti G35 6 speed Coupe, to a 2000 C5. I've only had the C5 for a few days but I can tell you that there is no comparison in the torque available across the entire RPM band. I mean night & day. The C5 will pull hard at any rpm, and doesn't need to sit above 4 grand to make it fly. The interior may not be as good quality but the seats are the most comfortable I've ever sat in.
I can tell you that the quasi titanium trim in the Infiniti scratches easily too.
I always loved the sound of my modified G35 but the sound of a modified V8 is addictive. I won't say that one is better than the other, just different - That's why I had both. I had a couple of Porsche's over the years too and I liked them for different reasons. The Germans & Japanese clearly have a higher level of refinement in many ways but they come up short for shear power.

I figure depending on your mood, you should try many cars over the years and find reasons to love them all. Too many people are too narrow minded to try other brands and they'll miss out on some of the better things in life as a result, not me.

Good Luck on your choice, for now.. it Corvette time for me.

Cheers

Digger

350topless 11-19-2006 09:44 PM

WOW! finally a nice member. THANKS alog DIGGER. yeah I am getting hooked on the torque to. WOW is all I can say about my Z06. its almost brand new with only 10000 miles on it! Yeah I might save up someone money and stick couple of snails in my 350 but, I dont think its gonna become a "better" car, it'll be a different machine for sure! I saw a guy run 11.99 1/4. with the stock block and a single turbonetics CRAZY! thats faster than my Z06 :).
Once again thanks for ur input.

zzz06r 11-20-2006 03:50 AM

Cant we all just get along????? :D:D:D I like all kinds of cars. . . I love my z06 and although I'm about to sell it. . I'll be back again someday with another. For a stock car, a vette is hard to pass up. I have also raced many other imports that had tons of stuff done to them and usually killed most with my stocker but doesnt mean I don't like some imports. I personally just like starting with the big motor and going from there instead of trying to get a bunch of power out of a 4 or 6 cylinder but everyone likes different things, thats what makes this whole car business fun. I'm by NO means knockin' American cars cuz thats all I have ever owned, but as far the interior goes, it seems like a lot (not all) of american cars are weak in that department. Not so much as the design but the quality of leather they use. Oh well, thats my 2 cents. Happy racin'. . uhh. . I mean drivin'.

chargedvette02 11-20-2006 04:54 AM

Mid life crisis lol 22 years old hurre, thats just a corvette stereotype.:D

wav399 11-20-2006 07:44 AM

Wow, I hope you guys do not think all of us 350Z owners are so Bipolar! I like the 350Z for what it is, beautiful shape, refinement and agility, rides like its on rails, makes even porsche drivers look over and stare (until theyre caught). But the corvette has brute power out of the box. Sometimes thats too hard to pass up. Both are the more reasonable, price-wise, in their individual categories. I would love to have both!;)

Ceipherz 11-20-2006 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: chargedvette02

Same here...22. Since ive got a Z06 at 22 I cant wait to see what my "mid life crisis" car will be..haha

chargedvette02 11-20-2006 01:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Ceipherz

Same here...22. Since ive got a Z06 at 22 I cant wait to see what my "mid life crisis" car will be..haha
I said almost the same thing to my girlfriend.:D

redhotvet 11-20-2006 04:06 PM

My silverstone 350 Z was the one that rolled at Zdayz this year at the Dragon, and I just bought the best car in my life! A 06 red hot Vette, and I will never look back on the Z and wonder what if. I cannot replace the Z but I can now have more fun then ever! This forum and the other Vette forums and Clubs are way more fun than you could ever find. Take my two cents and BUY THE Z06 and never look back!

riley 11-20-2006 05:27 PM

Oh I thought that the stereotype was that only old guys drove corvettes. I thought that the mid-life crisis car was a Porsche.

I'm glad that I did not have my Z06 when I was 22. I'm sure that I would not be alive now.

350topless 11-20-2006 05:38 PM

^^^^ LOL you obviously weren't mature eough (JKINg) yeah I agree with you. The Z06 demands lots of respect, specially with the traction off!

chargedvette02 11-21-2006 05:01 AM

Yeah, my first "real" fast car and sometimes it gets a little crazy. My car is def quite a bit faster than a C5 Z06 so that makes it even more crazy.

blueshark 11-21-2006 01:40 PM

if owning a muscle car is due to a mid life crisis, I've been in a crisis since I was 15. I guess I never grew up and don't want to. cheers

TopSpeed 11-21-2006 03:44 PM

ORIGINAL: blueshark

if owning a muscle car is due to a mid life crisis, I've been in a crisis since I was 15. I guess I never grew up and don't want to. cheers
God... same here.

Navy Flyboy 11-21-2006 06:20 PM

I guess since I already hit my mid-life crisis, I'm not going to live long seeing as though I'm 16. That's only 32 right? Wow, poor me.[8D]

350topless 11-22-2006 03:31 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^U are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo funny buddy! Seriously dont you have homework to do? can a 15 year old drive in the states? I am glad I live in canada lol. You get ur lic when ur 16 and you cant drive alone until ur 17.5-18. I wouldn't want to share the road with a 15 year old driving a corvette, hell I wouldn't want to share the road even if he's driving a neon. !!!!!!! ANyways my point was that if you average out the vette owner's age it will work out to be close to mid 40s. THATs in CANADA. I havae no idea about the states.

chargedvette02 11-22-2006 06:27 AM

ORIGINAL: 350topless

^^^^^^^^^^^^U are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo funny buddy! Seriously dont you have homework to do? can a 15 year old drive in the states? I am glad I live in canada lol. You get ur lic when ur 16 and you cant drive alone until ur 17.5-18. I wouldn't want to share the road with a 15 year old driving a corvette, hell I wouldn't want to share the road even if he's driving a neon. !!!!!!! ANyways my point was that if you average out the vette owner's age it will work out to be close to mid 40s. THATs in CANADA. I havae no idea about the states.

Nah thats just a stereotype.... 22 hurre 21 when I got the vette, my buddy is 24 and my old boss was 28 both have vettes. Infact I don't personally know 1 vette owner over 34, and yes my car is faster than urs, just had to point that out!:D Dont forget most vette owners are red necks! Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate!!!!!

Navy Flyboy 11-22-2006 01:16 PM

The only Corvette owners that are over 40 have convertibles and never go above 1500 rpms.

TopSpeed 11-22-2006 04:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Navy Flyboy

The only Corvette owners that are over 40 have convertibles and never go above 1500 rpms.
Sunnuvagun... you just described me! :D:D:D:D

hardluck 11-22-2006 07:09 PM

Hey you young punks out there talking about us gizzers, give us a break. We're going through our second childhood. Us mature types are responsible drivers and would never rev up past 1500 rpms unless to pass of course. Besides I couldn't afford a vette when I was 20 something. Just keep it between the white lines please so you can keep driving one for years to come. P.S. I do live in Alabama which makes me a redneck but having a vette and being a redneck is just a coincidense.

chargedvette02 11-23-2006 04:12 AM

ROFL! Good stuff.

Dave01 11-23-2006 04:39 AM

I bought my first Corvette (68 Vert) when I was 21. Of course, I couldn't afford the insurance until I was 25, LOL! $2500 was a lot of money when you make only $11,000 a year (back in 79). Now I pay $600 per year for my 01 C5. Age does have its advantages, heh, heh!

[IMG]local://upfiles/777/44F59D227D984A2681648047309DFF4E.jpg[/IMG]

blueshark 11-23-2006 06:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Navy Flyboy

I'm 46 (goin' on 16) and got my '87 coupe as a fluke in a trade for my first wifes engagement ring and I keep it around 4 grand on the tach as much as possible. why drive it if your gonna drive slow. nothin' better than the rumble of an American V8 and the smell of rubber burnin'. Like the Corvette King says..."Drive it like you stole it"....words to live by.

redhotvet 11-30-2006 06:07 PM

Well if you decide to keep the Z I have tons of parts left over from the rolled one. Let me know if you need anything and I can give you some great prices on the stuff. New and never been installed!