Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

I'm such a moron!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 07:56 PM
Default RE: I'm such a moron!

The last time I drove mine, (98 cpe) I held the "active handling" button down for like 10-15 seconds but nothing happened other than it said: "Traction Control/Turned Off". I didn't notice any difference in the way it handled than whenI do asimple push and release on the button. Hmmmmm

Old 12-27-2006, 06:37 AM

Well, in responce to my post above, I finally realized the reason whythe "Competitive Driving"hasn't worked for me on my '98. It's because every time I tried it, I was driving the car. I guess on 2000 and prior C5's (with active handling) the car has to be at a stop when activating it. I still haven't received my manual yet, but I read it off another post I seen last night. I'm going to re-post this thread I'm referring to as it was the most informative thread I've read so far.

**EDIT** That was that "Useful Information" thread I posted up.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:30 AM

ORIGINAL: chargedvette02

I tried holding down the button and it didn't do anything. Not sure if mine is disabled or what, I just like traction control off.
I know this keeps coming back around, but I thought I'd mention it anyway just to answer any further questions. 98's with the Active Handlingdefinitely have this option. Also if anyone has this option and they try it without success.......make SURE your car is stopped and in park before holding the button down for 5 seconds. I tried it like this in my '98 andthe word's "COMPETITIVE DRIVING" showed up on the display. And yes I could feel the difference in the suspension.