Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

Just purchased c5 need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Default RE: Just purchased c5 need help

nice car! i've always liked black c5's....as far as the wheels go, i guess i'm not sure what you're talking about...i've had two c5's, and the lugs on both of these cars came off very normally with a lugwrench, etc. then the wheel just slides right off, like any other car....i guess yours has locks or something? again, nice car!

Old 03-25-2008, 07:16 AM

grr hang on ill post up a pic of these "lug lock bolt thingies" they might just pop right off but they seem stubborn and im extremely obsessive **** etc. when it comes to my cars i dont want to break anything

Old 03-25-2008, 07:23 AM

I mean these 10 black bolts around all the edges of the center Of my original C5 "wagon wheels" that none of the allen/hex keys in my garage seem to be fitting...

Old 03-25-2008, 08:20 AM

all i can think of is perhaps go to autozone and find the tool to fit it? even if it means having one of the guys walk out with you to t ry several differnt tools/sizes? sorry i could't have helped more. i haven't had a piece like that that comes off on either of my c5's..

Old 03-25-2008, 06:55 PM

WOWWWWW![sm=happy046.gif]
Problem solved...
I feel like such a ***** though. Once again my obbsesiveness of being too careful bit me in the butt again. After closely examining the wheels and talking with severel experts at tate chevrolet dealer... THey're freaking pop-Off caps [8D]a screw driver and half a brain gets em off LOL. Now onto the next task... accsessorizing (ordered rear vent screens, exhaust center plate w/ logo, and chrome rear "CORVETTE" letters today) can't wait till I can afford an exhaust the most important thing about out modern muscle cars, that triumphant v8 roar!

Old 03-25-2008, 07:58 PM

oh yeah! oops! i forgot, my previous '99 was like that....sorry i didn't remember that. Just a suggestion, if you use west coast corvette or midamerica motorworks, sometimes they will email you a notice for 10 or 20% off or some random amount like that. I just put the front screens, chrome rear lens covers, and chrome side markers on my toy at Christmas.....

Old 03-27-2008, 12:36 AM

hi i am also a first time corvette owner 02 c5 6 speed coupe it has the oil pressure problem(pegged all the way over) and 130 digital but the temp analog gauge goes between 203 and 220 also on the digital it reads about the same and the highest its gone sitting in traffic is 230 today actually no ac on. the car seems to run fine not overheat has power etc. is this normal? is the temp sensor busted how can you tell? I bought a gold package warranty but dont want to drop off the car and wait just bought it! if its something i can fix. also put on a borla straight pipe muffler system that shouldnt void warranty right? thanks for all the newbie help didnt mean to jack this thread either.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:03 PM

ORIGINAL: JetBlackC5

got the wipers problem fixed (thanks for ignoring [sm=chairshot.gif]that post guys LOL)
Okay boys and girls heres the moment you've all been waiting for finally got some good pictures. I will be posting interior shots too as soon as I install the red leather shifter boot and **** i purchesd to day. (the black boot is just old,stiff, and cracked like a 230 year old ball sack!) Haven't figured out a name for him/her yet. I really just cant decide... I like nora, and black betty. But then again the c5 its self is just so bad *** i figured it must be a manly beast.. Jet maybe, black bone? suggestions are greatly appreciated...
One last thing I SEVERELY need help with. is how on earth do i safely remove the little stud/bolts on the original 1997 C5 "wagon wheels" so i can remove the wheel. I tried asking the previous owner, he wasnt to much of a DIY type of guy he said all of the work was done by service centers and inspections places etc etc (i even found about 50 "premium" car wash reciepts in the center compt. at 14 dollars a pop!) I couldnt find any sort of key in the rear hatch area where it says its supposed to be in the owners manual. So i will repeat again someone please help me figure out how to get the studs out of the wheel lock(cap thingies) I need a new tire and dont want the guys servicing it to F|_|CK something up

Ok I had the same issue. What I had to do is hammer on a socket. I needed a 15/16 scoket and it has to be 12pt. Its really easy, just hammer it on and take a good socket wrench and crank it off. Since you don't have the key like me, I would hightly suggest removing all the locking lugs with the socket, then buy new ones so you have a key! I got lucky, mine came off easy. If they were installed correctly, they should not be cranked on really hard. Good luck and nice color. I think black is the fastest color!!!!!

Old 03-28-2008, 07:50 AM

LOL thanks cobra love that comment (black is the fastest color) I can't get over how much it looks like the batmobile. I even named it bruce! because its the dark F|_|Cking knight lol. Oh yea btw the car is getting md inspection today im crossing my fingers itll pass, because i took it to another place yesterday and they gave me a bunch of bs **** trying to charge me for like 1900 in parts and 750 in labor! they wanted to replace my steering and trans and I was like wtf STOP ill pay for the inspection and im taking the car LOL ( found out later they have a reputation for doing this, saying it wont pass inspection unless they do all this work to it)

Old 03-28-2008, 10:33 AM

ORIGINAL: JetBlackC5

LOL thanks cobra love that comment (black is the fastest color) I can't get over how much it looks like the batmobile. I even named it bruce! because its the dark F|_|Cking knight lol. Oh yea btw the car is getting md inspection today im crossing my fingers itll pass, because i took it to another place yesterday and they gave me a bunch of bs **** trying to charge me for like 1900 in parts and 750 in labor! they wanted to replace my steering and trans and I was like wtf STOP ill pay for the inspection and im taking the car LOL ( found out later they have a reputation for doing this, saying it wont pass inspection unless they do all this work to it)

WoW man good luck with that. I'm glad we don't have inspections here any more!!!!

Quick Reply: Just purchased c5 need help