Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

Just purchased c5 need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Default RE: Just purchased c5 need help

Well just got the car back from the inspection[sm=bangbang.gif]. For Four new tires, new fog lights, 2 front brake hoses, and labor 1456.85!!! The tires are Cooper zeon z rated stock sized (yea the put the F**king all seasons on there) if anyone knows or has heard anything good about these tires please let me know. I am hoping they are decent seeing as they were the only set that were in stockunder $925 for a set, and there allready on the car now... okay so for the bad news. Im F|_|king pissed right. [sm=badbadbad.gif]Before i took the car to the shop the right rear tire pressure monitor sensor wasnt reading... so reluctantly i shelled out the 180 dollars for the new part and gave it to the mechanics to put on when they put my new tires. I get home and relearned/program the sensors and I still see the message.. so I do it again, all four re-learned... and again and then I look at the gauges. Now the left rear isnt reading and the right one is!!!!! what could it be. I'm almost positive they screwed something up either putting the crappy one in the other read tire, and not putting in a working one, or maybe they did something else replaced a working one or god knows what.. all I'm saying is I had 3 working ones, a busted one in the R R tire and a new one in the box. Now the left rear isnt working. Im going up there to break somebodies neck first thing in the morning and pray to god they didnt throw away what they thought was a usless tpms ($180 piece of plastic with a valve stem) im so pissed. Honestly all I want is to start up the vette' and not see that damn ipc "service vehicle soon" and "service tire pressure monitor system" sorry for the rant guys... somebody please help

Old 04-04-2008, 01:37 PM

Hmm, maybe try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery then reprogram the sensors?

Old 04-05-2008, 08:52 PM

[:@]argg..! good idea but still didn't work. I'm sure those half wits, put the wrong sensor in there. I'll just have to have them change it out and pay the stupid 22.00 dollar fee they charged for mounting and balancing my low profile tires, that i just bought from them! lol

Old 04-07-2008, 08:48 AM

Thats a tough break. See if they can cover those costs for you. If you play it cool, they might pick that up for you.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:12 PM

Well guys, I want to thank everyone on the forum for all there help and advice. I am going to be shipping out to Navy boot camp tomorrow so my beautiful 'vette will be sitting for a few months. I new this was coming the time is just gonna be to short. Man am I gonna miss her as well as my family. Wish me well, and the best of luck to all of you. I should be back in aprox. 3 months by then i'll have a fair amount of money to work with and start modding!