Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

Kool Factor!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Default Kool Factor!

Excuse me if i sound immature, but doent just being in a vette make you fell like "The ****?" lol
as i said in one of my other posts, i finally took a C5 for a test drive the other day, and it just made me feel like that... if felt great having everyone on the road trying to see who is driving "The Vette"
especally being a young (19) blk kid, having all the older folks doing the infamous double take!
And lets not even talk about all the women giving looks.... "i cant wait until i get mine in november!"
Lets go people.... share your thoughts and views.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Default RE: Kool Factor!

I'm 18 and I just brought a yellow 2001 Corvette. The way that the girls break their necks when you drive by is amazing. Plus the performance is sick. It puts the rice burners to shame.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:32 PM

i must admit, i just got rid of my 240sx with an SR20det engine swap and i will never go import for performance AGAIN!! (Corvette all day every day for now on!)

"Please forgive me for my sinsol' might Bowtie"

Old 04-30-2007, 01:30 AM

Im 22 and had a 240sx as well lol, I just sold it. Anyway my girlfriend actually doesn't like my vette because when we pull up to a movie theater or some other spot with lots of peopleour age she would get all the looks. Now when we pull up in the vette people come up to me and want to talk cars and ask how I can afford it and so on. It gets all the attention and she kinda gets blown off. The only thing I don't like about the vette is everyone and their brother thinks they are in a race with me at every stop light, it's kinda like they are trying to prove something to me in their stock civic or suv.

here is my girly that usually gets all the attention from guys....... But not when we are in the vette lol.
Old pic but what ever. You can tell how happy she is standing next to the vette.

Name:  vetash.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  94.1 KB

Old 04-30-2007, 01:54 AM
Super Moderator

The ccolest thing to me is when you pull upto a light and a little kid looks over and says, "cool a vette" and waves.

perhaps starting a desire that leads to futer vette ownership.

Old 04-30-2007, 03:12 AM

hey charged,
When i first started checkin this site out i thought u had a z06 with a glanceatyour pic and those HP numbers.... Thats one beast of a vette (good work!) and its nice to know that your so young "it gives me hope!! lol"
And thank you to everyone else thats sharing.

Old 04-30-2007, 03:52 PM

ORIGINAL: blueshark

The ccolest thing to me is when you pull upto a light and a little kid looks over and says, "cool a vette" and waves.

perhaps starting a desire that leads to futer vette ownership.
Same here!

Old 04-30-2007, 06:16 PM

ORIGINAL: youngvette408

<snip>...if felt great having everyone on the road trying to see who is driving "The Vette"...<snip>
I thought it was just me being paranoid. Do you guys feel like everyone on the road is looking at you when you drive your vette? It's even worse in heavy traffic because it's hard to take off smoothly from a light. My car wants to jump right up to 25mph from a stop. It just seems really hard to take off slowly. It makes me feel like I'm drawing more attention.

youngvette408: you're gonna love the vette man, but take it easy at first. If I had my Z06 when I was 19, I'd be dead now.

And for chargedvette02: Looking at the picture of your GF, I'd bet that there are plenty of young guys that would be willing to pay attention to her.

Old 04-30-2007, 07:09 PM

I suppose it depends where you live. There are a lot of 'vettes around where I live -- I sort of like that, and I think alot of drivers around here can't tell a 'vette from a Miata and don't care a bit - its small, its sporty -- that's the extent of it.

The small percentage of folks on the road who are very car aware do notice and, in my experience, like I do, look for the mods first - wider tires, lower than stock, bigger exhaust, signs of an intercooler or cold air induction up front, etc.

The Porsche isa slightproblem. AgainI don't think most non-car nuts care or notice, but being a bit rarer (I see only one other on the way to work, occasionally) it attracts a bit more attention than the 'vette, except from one group -- young idiots in riced-out Integras and Exclipses who have to buzz by to prove their manhood -- it attracts them like sugar attracts ants.

Old 04-30-2007, 11:49 PM

ORIGINAL: youngvette408

hey charged,
When i first started checkin this site out i thought u had a z06 with a glanceatyour pic and those HP numbers.... Thats one beast of a vette (good work!) and its nice to know that your so young "it gives me hope!! lol"
And thank you to everyone else thats sharing.
Wish it was a Z06, but I love the targa top and the hatch. Glad the vette gives you hope.