Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

MY FIRST CAR SHOW - Part II

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 11:15 PM
Default MY FIRST CAR SHOW - Part II

Well.....I finally did it!.....I had the audacity of entering a car show. I know, I know....I'm not quite ready for prime time!.....But my friend was going and he convinced me to go with him.....ok, stop laughing...it wasn't my idea!!!! I was so embarrassed....I was really out of my league! None of us got any prizes...boo hoo hoo

But anyway, I brought back some pics of the 'Temecula Fall Car Show and Old Town Cruise'....hope you enjoy!

That's me next to my mechanic's 2000 custom vette
Name:  vette512.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  68.0 KB

Hey....what's that black car doing there???
Name:  vette510.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  68.7 KB

I think two people actually stopped long enough to look at my car....for about 2 seconds
Name:  vette516.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  65.6 KB

Recognize this lady? That's Shirley from "Laverne and Shirley" (Cindy Williams)
Name:  vette552.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  71.9 KB

And finally, what's a car show without the obligatory eye candy!!! [8D]
Name:  vette550.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  70.5 KB

Old 10-08-2006, 01:04 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: MY FIRST CAR SHOW

Right on,[sm=smiley32.gif]!!! Bet you had a great time, and your car looks GREAT![sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 10-08-2006, 01:17 AM

Hey you can't win them all and no matter how out of its league you think your car is there is always somebody who really shouldn't be there.

Old 10-08-2006, 01:33 AM

I once entered my 68 in a local (Mira Mesa) car show. It was a great experience, but one I probably won't do again. My daily driver's missing paint chip-finish just couldn't compete with all those "Garage Queens". My 01 is the in the same boat - many mountain runs that send paint chips flying.....

Old 10-08-2006, 02:09 AM

I can't imagine the Black Stallion being out of its league! Your car looks so great ... what's wrong with those people. Blame it on the Hooter Girls - probably too much distraction for the average guy. If I knew about the show, we would have taken a ride up. I love car shows!
But then you'd have to explain to your friends who the blonde is drooling on the Black Stallion.

Old 10-08-2006, 01:33 PM

Hey Pecemkr
it looks great. Nothing wrong with going and just having a little fun, besides i found out from many shows most the people that DON'T stop or just glance and keep walking are usually the jealous ones.
and BTW is that really Cindy Williams? OH MY [sm=insomnia.gif]

Old 10-08-2006, 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: gorichb

Hey Pecemkr
it looks great. Nothing wrong with going and just having a little fun, besides i found out from many shows most the people that DON'T stop or just glance and keep walking are usually the jealous ones.
and BTW is that really Cindy Williams? OH MY [sm=insomnia.gif]

Thanks Gorichb.....yep, that's really Cindy Williams!......I guess father time spares no one She was really nice with me....we shook hands and I was telling her how much I enjoyed her career. Very nice lady!

Old 10-08-2006, 01:59 PM

ORIGINAL: rjensen

I can't imagine the Black Stallion being out of its league! Your car looks so great ... what's wrong with those people. Blame it on the Hooter Girls - probably too much distraction for the average guy. If I knew about the show, we would have taken a ride up. I love car shows!
But then you'd have to explain to your friends who the blonde is drooling on the Black Stallion.

Thanks Rita!.....you're very sweet!.......That may just be what happened......what with so many Hooters girls out there......even I was a little dizzy after a while ......these girls were "smokin!!!!"

Old 10-08-2006, 02:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Dave01

I once entered my 68 in a local (Mira Mesa) car show. It was a great experience, but one I probably won't do again. My daily driver's missing paint chip-finish just couldn't compete with all those "Garage Queens". My 01 is the in the same boat - many mountain runs that send paint chips flying.....
Dave.....there were so many "Garage Queens" there you wouldn't believe it!.......My simple vette is a daily driver!.......Of course, the other cars were absolutely incredible.......would you like to see the other pics?

Old 10-08-2006, 02:04 PM

ORIGINAL: PAY2PLAY

Hey you can't win them all and no matter how out of its league you think your car is there is always somebody who really shouldn't be there.
Thanks Pay!......I felt self-conscious but......like you said, I wasn't the only ugly duckling there!

Quick Reply: MY FIRST CAR SHOW - Part II